Look no further recruitAbility has the perfect company for you.
This is the perfect opportunity for a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT with experience in FINANCIAL REPORTING to be a part of a company with an employee-focused environment. Our client is a cooperatively owned wholesale bank that finances agriculture and rural America. They fund rural lending co-ops, so they can make loans to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, and rural property owners. Their bank is a part of the Farm Credit System, the nation’s oldest and largest source of rural financing.
the ideal SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT has excellent oral and written communication skills, someone who is a great problem-solver and can identify problems and implement solutions. Some of your responsibilities as a SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT are:
- Review, if applicable, financial statements prepared by another staff member before they are issued.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual stockholder reports for the bank, including all required footnotes and disclosures. Prepare and compile the detailed source documents used in the preparation and review process for the bank quarterly and annual stockholder reports to ensure adequate documentation is in place to meet the Bank’s SOX objectives.
- Assist, if necessary, in the calculation of stock issuance and retirement of Capitalized Participation Pool (CPP) purchases, including the preparation of the journal entry related to the stock issuance and retirement.
- Perform/Prepare calculations and data required for the Bank’s patronage payments to associations and OFIs, including Bank investment patronage and the Bank direct note patronage.
- Perform/Prepare calculations and reports required for the annual stock equalization, calculating the investment in the Bank required of associations and OFIs.
- Perform/Prepare RBIC (Rural Business Investment Company) funds capital calls and ensure reporting of the funding is reconciled and updated on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Perform/Prepare other specialized reports for other departments of the Bank, including but not limited to reports for the Credit and Capital Markets departments and the YBS (young, beginning, and small farmers) reporting.
- Execute internal controls in connection with the performance of assigned tasks to comply with the bank’s SOX objectives.
- Act as a backup for the other Senior Accountant in the Financial Reporting Department.
- Maintains procedural documentation on activities assigned, including process functionality within financial system as applicable.
- Train other staff members in the department to prepare reports and schedules which fall under Financial Reporting’s responsibility as needed.
- Research and apply accounting concepts and theories to current bank and district issues. Implement changes to reports prepared, according to revisions in accounting standards as promulgated by accounting authorities, and reporting and regulatory changes as dictated by the FCA.
- Prepare special reports as may be assigned by the Manager of Financial Reporting, Assistant Controller, Controller or the Chief Financial Officer, including presentations to the Bank’s audit committee and rating agencies.
- Keep the Manager of Financial Reporting fully informed of all pertinent matters regarding the preparation and production of financial statements and analyses.
- Assists with the preparation and knowledge transfer of reporting suites, if applicable.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
- Hybrid role requiring you to be in the office 3 days per week
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- At least 4 years of accounting experience is required in a related business field
- Prior work experience shall include consolidation, presentation, and analysis of consolidated financial statements, knowledge of (GAAP) and how to apply them to the Bank’s accounting issues, understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), problem-solving skills to identify problems and implement solutions, operation of PC spreadsheet, database and word processing software and development of financial policies and procedures.
- CPA certification preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Don’t miss the opportunity to have a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions. So don’t think twice and apply, let’s start this journey together.