Located in Austin, Texas, our client is a 5-star rated independent community bank and member of the FDIC. They are one of the preeminent independent community banks in the nation and a national leader in responsible financial services innovation. They have received recognition on the list of INC 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America the last 4 years in a row (and soon to be 5).
Our client is searching for an experienced Senior Fraud Prevention Specialist that will be accountable for developing and monitoring fraud risk strategies. You will engage with the lines of businesses to understand the new account and money movement capabilities, processes, and business strategy roadmap; you will lead the development of fraud processes, strategies, and controls to mitigate fraud risk during all facets of the controls and processes while balancing customer experience, operational and product P&L impacts.
The client is looking for a candidate with a strong background in digital and traditional banking payments fraud and understand techniques and work with the business to reengineer processes to enable quick detection and prevention of fraud risks.
Required Experience of the Senior Fraud Detection Specialist
- Must have prior real time and emerging payments fraud experience (debit, credit, prepaid cards, ACH, and wire)
- This dynamic role will demand adaptability; Autonomy is a necessity as you will be trusted with making decisions that count
- Strong knowledge of the fraud management life cycle and industry trends.
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech.
- Requires deep knowledge of job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Have a broad knowledge of project management and business process reengineering.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Information Technology or related field
Required Skills of the Senior Fraud Detection Specialist
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s fraud prevention controls, risk processes, systems, and data environments.
- Advanced business process analysis and process reengineering skills.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Has strong analytical and organizational skills and demonstrates the ability to solve complex problems by reviewing related information.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and is able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a strong focus on risk mitigation and customer experience.
- Excellent management and control of workflows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
- Created and presented business cases to Executives for funding approval
- Excellent knowledge of project management.
- A keen focus on business process optimization.
- Good interpersonal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Solid understanding of the financial industry, risk management, fraud, and/or information security.
- Ability to adjust to a rapidly changing fraud environment and prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts for the business units.
What are the Benefits of being a Senior Fraud Prevention Specialist with our client?
- This is a highly visible role and is critical to Bank’s growth and fraud risk reduction
- Salary Range in the $80k – $100k range
- A comprehensive suite of health and employee benefits
- Along with our enjoyable work environment, we offer exceptional opportunities for upward advancement
- Our client has a casual but focused and professional, family-oriented atmosphere where you can utilize your unique talents and build new skills to succeed in the modern financial services world
Essential Job Functions of the Senior Fraud Prevention Specialist
- Develops best practices and processes for fraud scoring rules, strategies, and other business improvements to reduce fraudulent activity and chargebacks to transactions.
- Implements anti-fraud processes to prevent fraudulent payments and account registrations.
- Must have prior experience working with fraud solution vendors to drive control changes.
- Defines and documents business cases, business requirements, processes, and methodologies needed to develop and support fraud prevention systems.
- Experience working closely with senior leaders, a high level of business acumen, and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and organizations.
- Extensive experience leading complex cross-functional initiatives, adept at leading cross-functional teams to make strategic decisions and execute.
- Makes recommendations to management for improvements to various projects, tasks, and objectives. Describes business problems/solutions.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of fraud prevention initiatives including concentration analysis and establishment of exposure limits.
- Partners with analytics, risk operations, and technology groups to identify data sources and develop processes for capturing the required data.
- Serves as the project lead on strategic fraud prevention projects.
- Participate in integration task forces for strategic projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.