Our client is a majority employee‐owned provider of specialized fund administration services for Managers and General Partners of private equity funds, specifically: Buy‐out, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Fund‐of‐ Funds. For new General Partners, they provide consulting services to help accelerate the launch of their funds in addition to our full fund administration services. For established General Partners, they provide administration services and technology to whole fund families or select funds, to help scale their fund operations rapidly and efficient
As this company continue to expand, our client is looking for a Senior Funding Associate who will be reporting to one of the managers, as this position will assist in the day‐to‐day operations of the accounting department and prepare fund‐level financial statements.
What’s in it for YOU?
- This company has a great culture with enthusiasm for the brand, connection with people, working with teams as well as working with clients.
- Growth Opportunities are endless!
- Ability to take agency of the accounting process as you will have a hand in the accounting cycle.
- The company is about controlled growth and weekend work is frowned upon.
- Comprehensive Medical (Aetna), dental, and vision coverage, along with life insurance, Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options.
- Comprehensive disability/maternity and paternity plans.
- 401K eligibility after 3 months – company will match 50% of employee’s deferral up to 4%.
- Flexible vacation plan (no set amount of PTO days).
- 8-10 standard holidays along with year-end office closure (Winter Break).
- $500 home office reimbursement for all new full-time hires to use for equipment/furniture needed as we continue to work remote.
What YOU get to do:
- Prepare financial statements for several domestic and offshore fund families, which includes updating portfolio investment schedules, partner equity allocations and analyzing complex investment transactions.
- Help with the internal semi‐annual portfolio review process, analyzing and tracking partnership and portfolio company financial performance.
- Monitor compliance with complex partnership agreements .
- Assist with audits, tax return review, fundraising and annual meeting activities.
- Determine cash needs of partnerships and initiate capital calls.
- Electronically distribute financials, K1s, capital call and distribution notices to Limited Partners.
- Perform special projects as requested by the General Partners and Controllers.
- Interact with and respond to ad hoc limited partner requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related field.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Strong academic performance – minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus
- Knowledge of investment accounting concepts is a plus