We're looking for a Senior Project Manager, you will sit at the cutting-edge of machine learning and software engineering. You will be responsible for contributing to the Project Management Office, leading and managing engineering teams, guiding clients through our engagement methodology, and being the point person for all project delivery, quality, and client management from kickoff to launch.
We live in an open, flexible, and ambiguous environment as part of this revolutionary industry. We are looking for an individual who can come into our growing services firm and make an immediate impact managing all aspects of a given project (scope, schedule, budget, quality, personnel, and client satisfaction) to ensure a successful outcome for our clients.
You will join a team of experienced engineers and entrepreneurs bringing practical AI solutions to the market.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager:
- Project management processes including generating estimates, creating resource plans, writing statements of work, monitoring project status (scope, schedule, budget), managing personnel, managing risks, and obtaining deliverable acceptance
- Play a critical leadership role in the customer journey
- Creation of contracts, budgets, burns, forecasts, status reports, and invoicing documents
- Act as client’s primary point of contact, managing expectations, tracking dependencies, and resolving issue escalations
- Train staff, clients, and new talent on our methodology and engagement models
- Champion continuous improvement efforts including cross-training, knowledge sharing, and distribution of lessons learned within the PMO and throughout the organization
- Define and track quality metrics and the quality assurance process
- Change management
- Support business development by creating and maintaining product feature roadmaps
- Fiscal management on assigned projects and client deliveries
- Successful candidates will be experts at developing relationships, telling a complex and powerful value proposition story, and end-to-end pipeline and relationship management including expanding and up-selling.
Primary Qualifications of the Senior Project Manager:
- Willingness to undergo a background check and, if needed, a personal security clearance process
- 8+ years experience in a software development organization. Familiar with the software development life cycle and best practices in terms of processes, tools, and methodologies.
- 8+ years experience in a client-facing role in a professional services organization or consulting agency
- 8+ years experience in project management role from project initiation through final delivery and client acceptance
- 4+ years in projects related to US Government clients
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple simultaneous engagements
- Comfortable with ambiguity, multiple concurrent projects, and experimental/proof of concept work as a norm
- Able to build strong relationships, influence others, and build consensus across teams with diverse skillsets and working styles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with quality assurance, quality control, and information security best practices
- Strong focus on efficiency and automation where appropriate
- Experience with and strong interest in project management tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally stretch beyond the responsibilities outlined in this job description when needed
- Strong professional and academic credentials. Business degree combined with a technical degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field) is ideal but not required
- PMP, CSM, or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you:
- This is a full-time position based in Austin, TX.
- Compensation includes competitive salary, company stock grant, profit sharing, top (‘gold’) level of health, dental and vision insurance (covers 100% of your premiums and 50% for any dependents), health and dependent flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability insurance, unlimited vacation (that you're encouraged to take), paid parental leave, free parking near our downtown office and more.