Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Company: Nuclein, LLC
Location: Austin, TX
Compensation: Competitive, based on candidate experience
Term: Full-time, permanent position
Nuclein is an Austin-based company commercializing a disposable, hand-held PCR testing device for human pathogens. We are currently focused on developing a COVID-19 test. Our platform uses standard, real-time PCR, requires no technical expertise to operate, and delivers battery-powered, sample-to-answer results in under one hour, at the testing site. Please visit https://nuclein.com/demo for more details. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic, collegial environment, where individual contributions are highly valued while working on meaningful, exciting projects.
Please visit https://nuclein.com or contact HR@nuclein.com for more information.
This individual will be integral to the development of next-generation molecular diagnostic devices. This scientist will report to the VP, R&D and develop diagnostic tests and reagents for the detection of various human diseases. The primary responsibility will be developing novel, multiplexed PCR assays for the amplification and detection of RNA and DNA from human pathogens.
The successful candidate will:
Be experienced in developing robust, fast, and sensitive multiplexed quantitative nucleic acid assays
- Be experienced in the use of statistical methods and programs for optimizing amplification conditions
- Be experienced with systems and methods to minimize DNA contamination
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be experienced in managing a small team
- Multitask with a high level of attention to detail and operate efficiently and independently with minimal supervision while working with a team
- M.S. or Ph.D. in molecular biology or related field or equivalent applicable experience
- At least 5 years of experience developing quantitative, multiplexed nucleic acid (PCR) assays
- A primary contributor to developing several commercialized diagnostic assays or technologies
- Background in human infectious disease
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package
- Employee Benefits