Our client launched 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 10 million people. They're changing the way people connect to social care programs. They make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds. They're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people. Their mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
As the key member of the security team working on expanding, the Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for ensuring cloud platforms meets security and compliance mandates. The Senior Security Engineer plans and carries out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. This role also partners with business stakeholders, architects and software engineers to achieve secure designs and implementations and will be the technical authority on information security architecture within the company. This company has offices in Austin, TX and Denver, CO and allows options for remote, hybrid or in-office working conditions.
What You Get to Go Do with this fast-growing Technology company
- Review existing architecture, identify gaps, recommend and implement security fixes and enhancements.
- Provide direction for company-wide security technology while establishing a strategic security architecture vision.
- Work with our security-focused managed service partners to monitor our environment for vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Collaborate with compliance team on audits and security assessment requests.
- Evaluate and recommend new security products and technologies.
- Contribute to application and vendor risk assessments.
- Develop strategies to detect potential security incidents, respond and recover from security incidents.
- Monitor networks and systems for security breaches, install software that detects intrusions and irregular system behavior.
- Lead security incident responses, conduct technical and forensic analysis to determine extent of the damage and root causes, and prepare incident reports.
- Manage periodic scans of company source code, infrastructure and networks to identify security and licensing vulnerabilities.
- Complete penetration testing to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
What You NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- Detail oriented entrepreneurial spirit with start-up experience is a plus.
- Organized multitasking and strong time management skills to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- Management, or equivalent professional experience with system and network exploitation methods, attack pathologies, and intrusion techniques.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and integrating security controls into SaaS cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods with excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation).
- GCP and AWS are a huge plus.
What's in it for YOU?
- Be a part of a great company with strong ties social values
- Get involved early to build something great with stock options
- Excellent salary range and comprehensive benefits package w/ 401K, competitive PTO, paid maternity/paternity leave, Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Free food, on-site gym, and Pet-friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling with unconscious bias training for every team member