But they can’t build a great product without a great team, and that’s where you come in! They are a small but growing organization, and they are looking for people who want to do the best work of their careers and produce great results. They push themselves to improve, accomplish more, and maximize their impact. Growth opportunities abound. But they also focus on keeping their people healthy and happy, both physically and mentally. This includes taking breaks, not taking themselves too seriously, and having fun together. Life is too short to not love your job!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to build and ship innovative solutions to customer-centric problems, as well as provide technical mentorship in a growing organization. You will tackle complex problems including data architecture, workflow, ML / NLP, UX, and scalability concerns, with an opportunity to work across the full technology stack. And you will be heavily involved in mentoring and peer review, helping level up the engineering organization. Your success will be measured by the impact of the product you ship, as well as your contributions to the engineering culture as a whole.
What is in it for you at this employee-driven company?
- Our client offers a competitive salary, equity, medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, take-what-you-need paid time off, and an inclusive culture
- Our client is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives because they know that the most successful teams are diverse teams
- Unlimited Vacation – they let you take time off when you need it and encourage their people to take the time to recharge
- As many books and networking coffees as you want and an education budget for professional development
- Work as the key contributor on critical product initiatives to ensure optimal efficiency and usability.
- Oversee the implementation of future features and architecture
- Mentor and train your team of engineers that have a variety of coding strengths
- Take a hands-on approach to our client’s products: they want people who can code, review, and deploy while reflecting on and continuously improving their methods
Primary Requirements for the Senior Software Engineer:
- Startup experience with small, high-velocity product organizations
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience. React / Django / Python expertise a plus.
- Development experience with a user-focused software product that prioritizes the user experience
- A positive, team-first attitude with lots of smiles and laughs to go around
- Experience with maintaining morale and appreciating individual contributions on a team