Our client helps companies establish their AI strategy, develop custom solutions, and transform around artificial intelligence. They believe in a practical approach where executing proven techniques creatively on narrow use cases creates transformation in aggregate.
The Vision: Democratize AI
From the largest companies to technology startups, data and artificial intelligence drive their competitive advantage. They are building better products and transforming business models to disrupt markets. The future economy is built on data, led by those who make the fastest, most informed decisions. In the new economy, fortune favors the nerds.
And yet, the majority of companies don’t know where to start. We are on a mission to democratize artificial intelligence.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will sit at the cutting-edge of machine learning and software engineering. You will join a team of experienced engineers and entrepreneurs bringing practical AI solutions to the market. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Pair programming with ML engineers of all levels
- Working closely with our Architect to create best practices for our organization
- Rolling out architecture plans and procedures
- Working on all clouds and varied environments
- Creating Project Templates for our various AI project disciplines
- Making practical time management decisions between building for the future, and meeting deadlines
- 5+ years professional technical experience
- Extensive experience with Python and Python Frameworks (Django, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Alembic)
- Experience in Node.js
- Experience with Database development – PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Distributed Databases – DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Experience with varied communication and eventing protocols (RabbitMQ, Kafka, ZeroMQ, etc…)
- Proficiency in frontend development, ideally in React
- Someone who knows SOLID principles – enough that they can teach and mentor
- Experience working within an agile methodology and the SDLC process
- Someone who has some experience within a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Docker or container-based applications
- Terraform experience is a plus, but not a requirement
What’s in it for you
- This is a full-time position that can be remote.
- You get multiple projects to work on, you’ll be challenged and you’ll grow because there’s a breadth of experience to gain
- Our clients are on whatever they’re on in terms of cloud, so you’ll be working in Azure, AWS, GCP, or possibly even in their secure environments
- Exposure to all sorts of things you wouldn’t have exposure to in a product company
- Some level of autonomy, it’s a startup. We’ll be relying on you to do what you need to do but also come up with new things
- Good, positive culture
- Working closely with an architect who will serve as your technical lead
- Mentorship, coaching, etc.