The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and updating the various facets of their technology infrastructure. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic technology organization, to learn and make an impact, this might be the right opportunity for you!
The Core Engineering team builds the technology eco-system that enables effective and efficient operations for the company globally. The team is laser-focused on deploying technology solutions that instrument the business, modernize the systems stack, increase cybersecurity maturity, and enable enterprise productivity.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- This team has a broad scope of responsibilities including cloud operations, server management (Linux and Windows), deployment Automation, DNS, and Security.
- Maintain company mail flow (a combination of Office 365, Mimecast, Mailgun, and client-related email flows).
- Participate in the On-Call 24/7 support for infrastructure needs as they impact business stability and functionality.
- Assist in the department’s tickets and projects that represent infrastructure work and “level 3” escalations from the internal support team.
- Analyze complex system behavior, performance, and application issues.
- Develop, maintain, and administer cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- Build out the underlying infrastructure from end to end, effectively creating the platform that will enable other departments to quickly deploy compute resources on-premise or in the cloud.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4+ years of experience as a Systems Admin/Engineer.
- Advanced configuration and engineering experience on Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services is required.
- Must have experience in an Active Directory environment.
- Advanced scripting skills with Powershell are a must-have. VBS and bash as a bonus.
- Must have strong knowledge of end-to-end Mailflow including O365, DNS (MX, SPF, a, etc.), filtering, archiving, retention, and spam prevention
- Firewall, email, and web filtering, Antivirus, encryption technologies experience is preferred
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware.
- MSSQL experience is preferred
- Must be familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Experience with software deployment tools (ie. Microsoft Intune, Power Automate, Connectwise) and building packages for deployment is preferred
- Must be mindful of security at all times (security is a top priority across the organization), and IT audit, network, and system security experience is strongly preferred
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience is preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent is strongly preferred