Our client is a publicly traded insurance holding company serving the life insurance needs of individuals in the United States and internationally.
As they continue to grow, they are seeking a seeking a Full Stack Software Developer. The successful applicant will write new code for enhancements and new features for our web portals, internal applications, APIs, and reports/reporting system, provide support and maintenance fixes as needed, and assist in the design and execution of changes to make the system more flexible and responsive to the changing needs of the business. The Software Developer will be responsible for working cross-functionally with other developers, business analysts, project managers, management, and business stakeholders to design, document, and develop new features, enhancements, file feeds, reports, and integrations to meet the needs of the business.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Free covered parking at a new building in a great location.
- Medical & Dental Plans, with 401K Matching and a complete approach to employee’s wellness, physical and financial well-being.
- Opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their careers and in turn, business.
- Community services events throughout the year.
- All employees have a generous PTO plan to promote a healthy balance between work and play.
- Gym on-site.
What YOU get to DO at this competitive company:
- Design and develop code for enhancements and new features for web portals, internal applications, APIs, and reports/reporting system.
- Provide support and maintenance fixes as needed.
- Participate in requirements and design reviews and provide input on requirements, design, and potential problems.
- Unit testing and bug fixes.
- Create system and technical documentation as needed.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability as well as a proven track record of delivering results.
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and project stakeholders on project timelines, requirements, and stakeholder feedback on suitability and usability of software designs and systems.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- 2+ years of experience in SQL Server, C#/.NET, and software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related major.
- Working knowledge of programming and the software development process.
- Good organizational skills, a detail-oriented mindset, and strong critical-thinking skills.
- Understanding and experience in SDLC and Project Methodologies. (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall etc.)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving scenari.o
- Able to comprehend new concepts, ask pertinent questions, execute and document ideas and concepts with minimal day-to-day direction.
- A bonus if you have the below but not a requirement:
- A working knowledge of life insurance.
- Working knowledge/experience with any of the following technologies: SSRS, SSIS, Angular, Ionic Framework.
- Experience with SaaS platforms, Cloud hosting, ERP systems and Custom development solutions hosted on-premise or in the Cloud.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Mandarin.