Our client has developed an API that makes it easy for developers to embed debt repayment on their apps. It works with over 2,000+ financial institutions enabling payments to any type of consumer debt – including credit cards, student loans, car loans, and mortgages – all through a single API. They manage the entire process, including KYC, the flow of funds, and banking partners, allowing developers to go live in an evening. They are looking to hire their first software engineer so join the team, an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting start-up.
They believe every company will become a payments company. Our mission is to simplify money movement for developers, creators, and entrepreneurs.
- Own projects from end-to-end, make decisions on technical and business implications. You will have autonomy over your projects with support from the team when you need it.
- Investigate and debug any issues using our monitoring & logging tools as well as create clear action items to resolve them.
- Help maintain our high technical bar by participating in code reviews and interviewing new team members.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to define the roadmap by thoroughly understanding customers’ needs.
Skills You’ll Need
- 5+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Experience building scalable production-level applications.
- (A history of excellent projects is required)
- Experience working with some combination of Node / JS, React (or similar framework), Postgres (or a similar relational database), and MongoDB / NoSQL.
- You can clearly communicate the concepts or ideas behind your solutions, and cut big solutions into smaller bite-sized tasks.
- You can toe the line between moving fast and breaking things and moving slowly to get things right the first time. Technical debt is okay, we’ll refactor it later!
- Natural curiosity to stay up to date with new technologies and emerging Fintech trends.
Bonus points if you’ve…
- Experience in Finance / FinTech
- Knowledge of payment rails such as ACH, RTP, FIS, etc
- DevOps experience with AWS, Cloudflare, and CI/CD tools
- Home Office Stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Full Health Care
- Remote First + Flexible Work Schedule
- Learning Stipend
- Parental Leave