Founded in 1995, right here in Austin, TX, our client is a leader in open architecture video management systems. As a rapidly growing manufacturer of network-friendly, comprehensive IP and analog video surveillance management systems (VMS), they value creativity, open exchange of ideas, and initiative. The client's team is comprised of dedicated, experienced professionals working towards the common goal of providing the best product and experience for their customers and partners.
They are looking for a Software Engineer to become an essential member of the Core Platform Team. The role involves a mid-level developer with experience in a Java, object-oriented environment where they can participate in a variety of client-server applications and lead the signs of new features.
Primary Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
- Add new features and functionalities to the existing Android app
- Work on improving usability and security of the app
- Work with QA, support team, and customers in diagnosing and resolving issues
- Play a key role in designing and developing the next generation of the app
- Participate in and lead the designs of new features Deliver high-quality code within specified deadlines
Primary Qualifications of the Software Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/EE/CE
- Experience with Android Studio and Gradle build environments
- 3+ years of Java, object-oriented programming knowledge
- Strong knowledge of building Android applications supporting Android version 2.1 and up
- Familiarity with modern UI design guidelines, such as Material Design
- Multithreading/AsyncTask knowledge
- Familiar with using REST APIs and consuming network-based services
- Familiar with HTTP
- Experience in developing iOS apps would be a great plus
- Experience in developing Web applications using Angular would be a great plus
What’s in it for you as a Software Engineer at a growing company?
- Solid compensation
- Excellent benefits package which includes medical insurance, optional employee-paid dental, vision, AD&D, LTD, and more
- Remote now, but eventually be an Austin based office (once Covid settles)