Founded in 2014, with a base in Austin and Chicago, this award winning company has expanded from 10 to more than 1,000 employees. They have a focus on one thing: defining a new standard for experience in freight, pushing the limits of what’s possible for themselves and their partners every day. With specialization in working with shippers and carriers, products and supplies have been relocated from one place to another on behalf of thousands of clients. Our client’s relentless pursuit of perfection fuels their ability to optimize operations, identify efficiencies, build technology and deliver innovation. In addition to expanding its workforce, proceeds from the new investment will let our client continue to invest in its technology and create new service offerings. Our client knows their people are their greatest asset, and that is why they are a “people-first” organization!
Our client is looking for a passionate Full Stack Engineer for the Special Projects team, where you will plan and build a wide range of projects, from market tests to complete applications. In this role, TSO (Special Projects) is tasked with solving high-value problems with creativity and agency to deliver massive business value quickly (our client doesn’t skimp on the quality, don’t worry).
What YOU get to go DO with this mission driven company!
- The typical software engineering stuff, write good code, review, etc.
- You will build applications and services to automate and optimize freight. You’ll work on front-end dashboards, integrations with 3rd party APIs, proof-of-concept pilots, standalone APIs, and MVPs.
- Take part in both technical and product design of features.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- This is not your first development role. You have a background and experience in software development with a solid understanding of core engineering concepts.
- You have solid experience with React (or similar modern FE Framework) and Node/Express.
- You have experience programming and writing RESTful APIs.
- Committed to testing and have experience with JS testing frameworks (Jest).
- You are a quick learner and are able to be productive without significant feedback from the more senior engineers on your team.
- Capable of owning the technical design for features of moderate complexity.
- Curious, dedicated, and accountable.
- You are comfortable operating without rigid structure and processes.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our client’s dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Mondays & Fridays! Snack and lunch options are also available daily. Start your morning with a specialty drink from our client’s fully stocked coffee bar.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our client’s Referral Program! Get recognized through their employee rewards program.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Invest in your future with our client’s matching 401K program.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our client’s office building that includes Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training!
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our client’s Employee Assistance Program and Resource Groups.