As an Associate Software Engineer on the Platform Services team, you will be responsible for implementation and engineering of their advanced data processing platform of the future. You will be an integral part of a multi-talented team of engineers responsible for their distributed cloud data model of customer network assets, as well as authentication and authorization for all their MDR (Managed Detection and Response) platform services. This group is challenged to work closely with other engineers, security experts and technical leadership to re-think the modeling of all the varied pieces of customer environment data, which is used by every corner of our platform’s solutions and processing for our client’s security problem domain.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and possess a strong software development and automation background. You will have skills in high scalability, and distributed computing problem sets. You will be a polyglot programmer, moving between several languages as needed. Experience in Erlang, GoLang, C/C++ or Python would be preferred. Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous deployment, and other dev-ops cultural aspects is highly desired.
What you will get to do as a Software Engineer at this cool, fast growing company!
- Take guidance from senior engineers on design, performance and engineering best practices.
- Design, implement and test fast and scalable software in Erlang to be run in a distributed environment.
- Participate in challenging development process within multinational team of professionals, driving technical activities inside the team.
- Implement efficient and elegant solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Take advantage of modern distributed techniques in development (eventual consistency, cloud computing, etc.).
- Proactively monitor and analyze operational behavior of the platform in both integration and production environments; assist in improving performance and scale on an ongoing basis.
- Create complex mathematical algorithms for maintaining huge volumes of data.
- Accept challenges in designing and delivering solid code on time.
- Participate in debates and discussions with technical specialists.
- Be proactive and responsive.
- Participate in software deployments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed in this role…
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment and the command line
- Significant experience with Linux/Unix software development in any of the following programming languages: C/C++/Erlang/Python/Perl/Java
- Strong understanding of network protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience writing functional and unit tests
- Design and development skills in Python, Ruby, Perl or similar scripting language
- Experience developing software for and configuring Unix platforms
- Understanding of serialization formats, particularly JSON, protobuffs
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
Comprehensive Compensation Package includes excellent Salary Range Our Client has a wide range of *benefits for each of our locations that aim to provide comprehensive health coverage, life insurance and retirement/pension plans for you and your family. In addition, we offer **Trusted Time Off (TTO) which provides our employees the flexibility to take time off as needed (no limits) for vacation and personal time. We are a remote friendly company that provides you the choice to either work from your home and/or one of our international hub locations. Our hubs are stocked with snacks and drinks as well as plenty of opportunity to have fun with the rest of the team through frequent social activities, such as happy hours, sports leagues, and community outreach!