Our client is a rapidly growing technology company with a community bank charter. Located in Austin, Texas, they are one of the best performing banks in the country and a nationwide leader in consumer-friendly, responsible financial innovation. They’re well on our way to building a $1 billion tech company with revenues approaching $50 million and a CAGR of almost 100%. Our client has made the INC 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America list for the last 5 years in a row.
As a pioneer in fintech and banking, they have their own technology platform, bank charter, are profitable, and are self-funded so they control their own destiny. They are a 5-star rated independent community bank and member of the FDIC. They also have a product pipeline that would make even the most well-funded fintech Unicorn blush with envy, including B2C, B2B, BAAS, and embedded finance.
With all this growth and opportunity, they need an exceptional Software Product Manager and architect to join their team in beautiful Austin, Texas.
Primary Responsibilities of the Software Product Manager
- software development project management and managing 3rd party vendors. Including:
- Serving as the point of contact between the product management team and the software development team.
- Providing project leadership and direction to team members and stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining technical and business requirements for user stories.
- Owning the product backlog to determine prioritization of new requirements and change requests for sprints.
- Providing technical design documents to software development teammates
- Interfacing with internal stakeholders to produce client-facing product guides and help files.
- Creating acceptance criteria for quality assurance to leverage in automated testing.
- Creating user flows.
- Working with the UI/UX team to produce incredible user experiences.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact
- Scope and lead the development of new product features that will increase the uptake of our offering to improve the financial health of our users
- Analyze data and perform user research to form and test hypotheses in the pursuit of building a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and behaviors
- Manage a high-performing cross-functional product team that includes engineering, design, data, marketing, legal, and customer support to implement and build new features
- Drive strong communication and alignment up, down and sideways within the organization
Primary Requirements for the Software Product Manager
- You are exceptionally detail oriented, work well with others in the office or around the globe, and can problem solve on the fly.
- You are an exceptional coordinator and communicator that knows how to keep a project and team performing at a high level and on target.
- An organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution), effective problem-solving skills, and the ability to make sound decisions in a self-directed and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with risk owners to identify and mitigate risks in product design and development.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal) and exemplary customer service skills.
- Proficiency in process management and collaboration tools such as Jira, Slack/MS Teams, and Confluence.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, PostgreSQL, Postman, Swagger UI, FileZilla.
- Strong analytical ability with a basic SQL proficiency and/or willingness to learn
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Successfully executed in an agile environment.
- Technical aptitude (you won’t code, but you’ll be immersed and should understand details)
- Project management certifications (e.g., PMP, PPM, CSPO, CSM) would be a plus.
- Previous experience at a FinTech or in a regulated industry company would be a plus.
- Experience launching products within complex legal / regulatory frameworks such as Finance/FinTech ++
- Web marketing analytics and AB testing experience ++
They combine the stability of a profitable bank with the creativity and energy of a fintech startup. They have a casual demeanor yet execute with professional precision. You’ll enjoy a family friendly, culture of customer-oriented and responsible innovation. They expect you to have the innovation, creativity, and drive for growth of a rapidly scaling technology company, with a work-life balance of a normal human.
Their Core Values
They are nice folks, but unapologetically fierce competitors in the marketplace who work as a team. Every member of their team embodies their core values. They work, hire, fire, and promote by these values.
- Take Initiative – A bias to action
- No Big Egos – Self-confidence with humility
- Honesty – Direct forthright communication
- Wicked Smart – Intellectually and emotionally self-aware
If your favorite pronouns are “I” and “me”, you won’t be a great fit. If you get inspired by wanting your next career milestone to read: “Software Product Manager on a TEAM that grew revenue from $50 million to $500 million in 5 years.”, they’d like to chat with you.
This position will work with and report directly to the FinTech President, and you get to live in vibrant Austin, Texas. Compensation is negotiable for the right talent and benefits are comprehensive.