Our client, who launched in 2011, has over 180 employees across the US and India, with a mission to simplify business communications. They utilize a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way. They are a part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on them to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale. The company is on the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector and has been profitable for the past four years, which is an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. It’s success has landed it among the leading, global Communications Platform as a Service companies, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
As they continue to expand, the company is seeking a remote Solutions Engineer (SE) for its market in the Americas. This role will assist prospective, new, and existing customers with technical validation, onboarding guidance, technical expertise, and ongoing technical account management across United States, Canada, Central America, and South America markets. As a Solutions Engineer, you will support Account Executives and Customer Success Managers, and will also work as the liaison between internal cross-functional teams to ensure smooth implementation of the company’s platform. By being a trusted technical advisor clients and critical to success, you must have a passion for urgency and create prompt technical resolutions of customer issues, allowing customers to quickly realize maximum value from the company’s solutions.
What You Get to Go Do with this fast-growing Technology company
- Analyze business needs of prospective clients, prescribe strategic, cost-effective business and technical solutions, and plan successful deal closures with the Sales Team.
- Point of contact for all technical conversations, working along with Customer Success Managers for the implementation of the company’s offerings.
- Ensure customer delight during the onboarding process by ensuring a smooth and timely process.
- Address technical problems faced by clients logically and methodically, and communicate resolutions and feedback back to the clients.
- Act as liaison between the client and internal product team and provide guidance on product usage, product gaps, and new feature adoptions.
- Keep up-to-date technical documentation regarding client-related tasks by utilizing Salesforce.
- Identify product improvements via customer feedback, industry trends, and share with the Product team.
What You NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of overall experience with 3+ years of customer-facing experience in technical sales engineering, tech consulting, or related function
- Experience in selling/implementing cloud-based solutions to sales/support functions is a plus.
- Solid understanding of web-based software fundamentals and application of REST APIs and XML
- Basic understanding of programming languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, .NET, Node.js, Java, Go).
- Exposure to the CPaaS industry or understanding of communication technologies such as SIP, TCP/IP, WebRTC, SIP Trunking is a big plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills is a must, with the ability to handle a high number of customer interactions that requires responsiveness.
- A problem solver and smart decision-maker who has the ability to get things done and respond to challenging demands of customers in a constructive manner.
- Team player mentality who can engage multiple stakeholders to deliver a better customer experience.
- Flexibility with time zones to manage customers and collaborate with colleagues globally.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Excellent salary range and comprehensive benefits package
- Fast growing industry and company that offers stock options incentives.
- Ownership-driven culture and room for personal and professional growth.
- Generous PTO policy and remote work set-up.