Our client, a leading advisory and services consulting group, is looking for a Senior Associate to join their growing IT Advisory Services (ITAS) department. The ITAS team works with clients to make a more risk-aware, effective IT organization that can deliver transformational business change. The IT Advisory Services include but are not limited to IT Vulnerability and Risk Assessment, IT Audit, Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, and SOC Reporting.
An ITAS Senior Associate I is primarily responsible for the execution of various engagement objectives within assigned areas. This role requires the ability to supervise teams of 1 – 3 Associate staff members to ensure they receive direction and resources. This requires a basic understanding of the client’s industry (e.g. inventory/distribution, oil & gas, financial institutions) and pertinent regulations, and the ability to learn unfamiliar industries and regulations. The individual should have a solid understanding of the role that information technology plays in financial reporting and other critical business cycles. This position should have a solid understanding of IT general controls including security administration, program change management, program development, and computer operations, and should develop a better than a basic understanding of the interaction of systems and financial processes. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to help build the company brand and also your own in the Austin market as the majority of our clients are local.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Master’s degree or further education in information systems is preferred
- 2-4 + years or more experience (public accounting / external audit, internal audit, information technology and/or staff accountant responsibilities)
- CISA or CISSP candidate or certifications are preferred, CPA and/or CIA are also beneficial
- Greater than a basic understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and the role that IT plays in compliance
- Basic familiarity with GAAP, GAAS and IIA standards.
- Knowledge of IT controls and how they affect the control environment. COBIT, COSO, and related standards preferred.
- Greater than a basic understanding of systems infrastructure and security, connectivity, remote access, and data mining