Our client is currently building a new data governance organization, making it an excellent time to join and help shape the future of their company! This role will help define and implement Data Governance policies, procedures, and standards while onboarding and leveraging a variety of best-in-class data management and governance tools and processes.
As a Senior Data Governance Specialist, you will collaborate with business and IT to ensure accuracy and availability of data to drive the transformation of our client’s information capabilities. They are looking for someone who can build an autonomous data governance structure that most employees can access and utilize throughout the company.
What's in it for you at this fast-growing, employee-focused company?
- A competitive salary with full health, dental, vision, and 401(k), with a plethora of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more
- The chance to collaborate with a world-class team of professionals, casual work environment, and rich culture
- Career path and training support, with abundant opportunities for advancement within
- Working in a state-of-the-art building in Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, and unlimited coffee!
Primary Responsibilities of the Sr. Data Governance Specialist
- Partner with internal data teams to develop and manage data policies, standards, practices, and processes for data stewards, information technology teams, and enterprise stakeholders.
- Develop and maintains the firm’s business glossary and data catalog for domain data attributes, log data, and process issues, perform data analysis, design, definition, and profiling.
- Perform business analysis tasks such as documenting process flows, challenges & issues, and target state recommendations.
- Execute Data Quality initiatives to improve accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of all data required for decision-making across the organization; delivering data quality metrics to drive data strategy.
- Collaborate with Data Owners to identify, understand and prioritize data quality issues and identify opportunities to improve the use and consumption of their data.
- Provide leadership to Data Stewards by helping define roles, processes, success metrics and bringing individuals into the Data Governance steering and working groups.
- Influence and supports the development of Data Governance and Master Data Management roadmap and implementation plans related to the enterprise Data Strategy.
- Incorporate and creates data governance oversight processes and enforces data management policies, standards, and capabilities through audits, peer reviews, and monitoring of KPIs.
- Utilize data management domain knowledge of people, processes, technology, and data in the context of business to drive adherence to data governance activities
- Support and partner with the data strategy and business intelligence teams in defining and evolving the enterprise data landscape
Primary Requirements of the Sr. Data Governance Specialist
- 3+ years experience working in a data management role (such as data governance or BI/Analytics team), with hands-on experience using Master Data Management and Data Governance tools
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer or data science, mathematics, information management, information technology, or related fields
- A background of leading goal-oriented teams in planning and executing complex situations, preferably in technology or in a strongly regulated industry (such as pharmacy, finance, or real estate)
- A history of demonstrated value creation, meaning being able to efficiently meet goals, as well as an ability to take initiative in solving issues
- An up-to-date understanding of industry information and data governance best practices