Our client is the first outcome-oriented supply chain management technology. They provide businesses worldwide unmatched visibility into shipping and delivery and the tools to take action from international point of origin to final destination. Their clients include the world’s largest businesses spanning retail, manufacturing, and logistics services and all share in their vision for a future where supply chains are dynamic, agile and data-driven. Our client believes that one day every shipment in the world will be captured, analyzed & enhanced by their platform, creating better decisions and outcomes for both senders and recipients.
Our client is looking for an experienced Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) Sr. Data Support Analyst to help them drive and facilitate data improvement initiatives, analysis, and recommendations across their customers, carriers, 3rd party partners and internal teams. You will be a critical data consultant, working with technical and business leaders in each of these teams to help identify areas in need of improvement, create plans and strategy for change, and collaborate with multiple teams and leaders to implement solutions.
In this hands-on technical role, you will establish and maintain technical and business relationships with their 3rd party data sources (carriers, customers, channel partners), work closely with their support and engineering teams to uncover opportunities for data improvements, and proactively work with our client’s partners to drive changes that positively impact our customers ROI, satisfaction and reduce their support costs.
Primary Responsibilities of the Sr. Data Support Analyst
- Establish critical technical and business relationships with 3rd party partners
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards that show current health of data sources to share visibility with customers and cross-functional teams
- Continually monitor data scorecard, identify opportunities, create and execute business plan to improve data elements
- Develop processes and metrics to ensure continued success
- Work as an individual contributor to hands-on learn and build processes to improve data investigation, integration / report debugging, escalation and collaboration with engineering, product and our data partners.
- Work with other teams to optimize workflows and knowledge transfer
Primary Qualifications of the Sr. Data Support Analyst
- 5+ years experience in technical account management, data analyst, data support or equivalent customer-facing role with a track record of increased responsibility
- Experience in logistics, supply chain, ecommerce, or retail is a notable advantage for success in the role
- Experience working closely with technical and business roles where efficient communication and cross-team collaboration is required
- Ability to develop solutions to data problems through analysis and coordination with technical and non-technical decision makers
- Proficiency in SQL, data feed and API debugging necessary to understand root cause issues
- Proven ability to solve complex problems with the goal of simplicity
- Strong collaboration capabilities – this role is customer facing and you will routinely work with multiple internal and external teams
- Growth mindset – you grow with new products, new technologies, new customers, new relationships, and are comfortable with frequent context switches
- A collaborative individual that can work in a fast-paced environment with technical and non-technical teams
- Strong process for prioritizing competing tasks and effective multitasking where necessary
- Proven ability to discover root problems by asking great questions and develop creative solutions to create value for our customers
- Bias to take action using all resources available to position data as our core competency
Technologies our Client Uses
- Their application stack runs entirely on Docker – frontend and backend
- Their infrastructure is on AWS and uses managed services whenever possible. Current examples: RDS, EC2 Elastic Container Service (Docker), Kinesis, SQS, Lambda and Redshift
- Java is their language of choice for long-lived backend services
- Python for tooling and data science
- Database and reporting tools include Postgres, Redshift, Sisense, PopSQL
- Collaboration tools include Zendesk, Jira, Google Apps Suite, Confluence, Slack
What’s in it for you as a Sr. Data Analyst at this fast growing company?
- Excellent Compensation Package includes comprehensive benefits plan
- Employee Stock and Incentive program and savings programs
- Work with an established team of professionals building leading edge software products