Our client is privately owned and operated with an exclusive focus on the program insurance market.
Currently, they are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join their growing team. This role will support US GAAP and NAIC Statutory financial reporting for a P&C Insurance Carrier. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and able to prioritize and plan work activities within time restraints in a dynamic environment. Duties include US GAAP and NAIC Statutory financial reporting, consolidations, and audit support.
What's in it for YOU?
- Health, dental, vision insurance with company paid life, AD&D, and Optional STD.
- 401k and 401k match.
- 15 days PTO and 2 floating holidays. Additional floating holidays are earned with years of service.
- Hybrid work from home policy with paid parental leave for birth/adoption of children and 10 company observed holidays.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Review of journal entries in compliance with US GAAP and NAIC Statutory Accounting Principles, including Statutory to GAAP adjustments.
- Assist with preparation and dissemination of monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc financial reports.
- Prepare documentation and explanations for external auditors.
- Provide support for audit tax filings and other compliance activities.
- Identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and anomalies.
- Track and organize adjustments, responses and PBC requirements.
- Gathering, analyzing and prioritizing of financial deliverables to facilitate review and analysis.
- Assists and monitors consolidation process.
- Assists in researching new and/or existing reporting requirements.
- Perform other projects and support junior staff as needed.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA License.
- Big 4 Public Accounting Experience.
- 5-8 years of USGAAP accounting and financial reporting concepts.
- Understanding of the principles of consolidation.
- Strong financial analytical skills, time management and organization skills.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with all levels of the organization.
- Prior P&C Insurance industry experience.
- Prior experience using Insurance Accounting Software, EAS, QuickBooks, and Oracle NetSuite.
- SOX experience.