Look no further recruitAbility has the perfect company for you.
This is the perfect opportunity for a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT with experience in FINANCIAL REPORTING to be a part of a diverse environment with a group of smart individuals willing to share their knowledge. Our client is a global energy and technology trading company, that operates at the intersection of renewable and conventional power. They trade energy in global markets and provide best-in-class service to manage the inherent intermittency of renewable power generation across the short, medium, and long term.
the ideal SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT will work towards maintaining order and transparency for the company’s finances. Some of your responsibilities as a SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT are:
- oversee the preparation of US GAAP financial statements including all relevant notes for annual audit requirements
- Preparation of US GAAP financial statements for monthly bank reporting requirements.
- Post, process, and review journal entries to ensure completeness of all business transactions.
- Maintain financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Ownership of the sub-ledger / management account reporting, including reviewing SG&A expenses for accuracy, and building out / improving upon existing processes where necessary.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist in external audit engagement.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with accounting and finance-related projects.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Excellent Compensation package includes salary, incentives and comprehensive benefits
- This company values peoples differences. In fact, their success depends upon them.
- Differences in backgrounds, identities and experiences lead to differing views of the world. Different world views lead to healthy differences in opinions. Different opinions are essential to creating a robust marketplace of ideas. And it is their ideas that will make them a market leader in energy innovation and disruption!
- By their commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, they are creating value for their employees, investors, and communities.
- So regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, physical limitations, how you identify, how you pray, who you love, where you went to school, who you consider family, or how old you are… you can belong here!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Proven experience as a manager and financial reporting accountant.
- Previous exposure to US GAAP.
- Ability to work in a lean, start-up environment in a hands-on and independent manner.
- Excellent organization skills, critical thinker, team player.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good with numbers and figures and analytical acumen.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications. Advanced Excel knowledge and skills and the ability to handle large data sets are desired.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of a company that is rapidly growing and values your uniqueness. So don’t think twice and apply, let’s start this journey together.