Our client is a cooperatively owned wholesale bank that finances agriculture and rural America making loans to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, and rural property owners.
Our client is looking to add a Senior Manager for Accounting Operations to assist the Controller with the direction of the organization’s accounting functions. Areas of focus include Bank accounting operations including IT accounting, cost billing, and accounting financial systems implementation and management. Directly supervises accounting managers, lead accountants, analysts, senior accountants, and accounting specialists in the Bank Accounting and Reporting department.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution as well as long-term disability and life insurance.
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays with an option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services.
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities and generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Employee Focused Environment with a physical fitness incentive plan and other employer matching gifts program.
- Hybrid role requiring you to be in the office 3 days per week.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Bank’s accounting operations groups. Responsibilities include general ledger, accounts payable, and fixed assets.
- Responsible for the oversight of the monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger close process of the Bank.
- Works with the accounting staff and employees in other Bank departments to prepare the Bank’s annual operating expense budget.
- Analyzes emerging accounting principles and regulatory standards to ensure compliance in this area.
- Ensures that processes and documentation on Concur systems are up-to-date and follow best practices for both the Bank and District associations.
- Participates in departmental planning and goal setting.
- Prepares and delivers oral and written presentations to various internal and external audiences.
- Assists with the resolution of problems and prioritizing enhancements to financial software.
- Provides oversight of Information Technology Accounting in the analysis of IT metrics and other budgetary analysis and reporting as requested by the Chief Information Officer.
- Supervises existing staff, including day-to-day operations and direction and completion of annual employee evaluations and ongoing staff development
- Ensures adequate documentation and controls are in place to meet the Bank’s Sarbanes-Oxley objectives.
- Performs other projects as directed by the Assistant Controller.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business, or Finance.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience in fiscal operations, financial analysis, accounting, and financial reporting.
- Supervisory experience required
- CPA certification is preferred.
- Experience with Concur Expense and Concur Invoice preferred
- Experience should demonstrate the ability to resolve progressively more complex issues and direct staff resources.
- Proven abilities related to accounting, financial analysis, management, and decision-making.
- Must possess an understanding of and have the ability to apply GAAP and corporate income tax.
- Problem-solving, independent work, and organizational skills are essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
RecruitAbility is excited to help you find your next opportunity with our Banking partner based in Austin, Texas.
Could this be the role you’ve been searching for? We look forward to reviewing your submission.