In 1934, in Austin, Texas our client founded their company as a community-driven company that produces and delivers electric power. They manage the water supply, the public parks system, and support community development. Their mission is to make life better for its customers, employees, shareholders, and the communities they serve. Our client has been doing this for over 80 years and they are not done yet. They want to continue being a company that people can count on, whether it is for the electricity that powers our homes or businesses or for the water we drink.
As the PROJECT ANALYST, you will play an integral role in helping the Capital Project Management Office deliver capital projects. These may include a transmission line, substations, and telecommunications projects. Your primary responsibilities will be to analyze financials and validate forecasts, maintain schedules, and create purchase requisitions.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Works with the project manager to track progress and maintain and update project schedules.
- Identify, research, and document variances or discrepancies and monitor and communicate project status and information to project managers and work package managers.
- Set up and maintain files in accordance with recordkeeping, records retention, and documentation guidelines
- Maintain knowledge of standard project management tools and software, and trains others on the use of these systems.
- Review and analyze the business case with the project manager and team members.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- 4+ years of project controls, business analytics, data analysis, or budget analyst
- A degree(s) in a related field or years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of project management methods and concepts
- Knowledge of project scheduling principles
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost management
- Knowledge of work management systems and methodologies
- Skill in planning, scheduling, prioritizing, and coordinating work within the assigned work area
- Skill in analyzing and solving problems
- Skill in verbal and written communication
- Skill in using automated project management information systems and business information systems
- Skill in articulating technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
What’s in it for YOU?
- Strong health, dental, and vision plans
- Student loan forgiveness programs
- 401(k) with 8% employer match
- Opportunities for cross-training and promotion
- Hybrid position