Our client is a rapidly growing legal services company that provides pre and post-settlement administration and resolution services for law firms in complex settlements. The Project Manager role is both client and internal facing. PMs are involved early in the sales process to understand service scope and ultimately serve as a connector and a single point of accountability from beginning to end. They must possess subject matter expertise and tort knowledge or know what SMEs in the organization to call upon when needed. The newly created role is seen as a key position within the company and one to which individuals throughout the organization (e.g., settlement managers, client service personnel, etc.) can progress into more senior positions within the organization.
- Client’s primary point of accountability from initiation through completion, including determining communication standards and designing the scope of services to be provided coordinated with internal teams
- Maintain awareness of transition from Sales to Intake to Operational handoff and monitors to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Work closely with managers in each engaged service line to have a clear understanding of when SMs and CRMs are or will be assigned.
- Keep track of whether project-based timelines/SLAs are being met for assigned dockets while utilizing existing and future technology platforms.
- Identify any tactical or systemic trends negatively impacting a project and communicating them to the applicable managers with a request to fix.
- Establish the agenda for and leads cross-service line status calls and ensures that any call notes are circulated to all internal stakeholders.
- Draft appropriate status updates and instructional communications for clients and internal stakeholders, including internal timelines to be met by clients
- Ensures that lines of communication among applicable services are open and effective, or alternatively identifies bottlenecks and coordinates with the appropriate management so that any necessary adjustments can be made.
- Monitors and be accountable for key milestones across all services lines.
High-Level Position Expectations
- Ability to work with clients, sales, intake, and operations as an engaged team member and to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of patience.
- To know and identify the status of all assigned projects across all applicable service lines.
- To proactively anticipate and identify service issues and work with internal managers to rectify the same.
- To ensure that project accuracy, timeliness, and service excellence are met from beginning to end.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior mass tort and/or class action claims administration project management role
- OR 5+ years in a junior mass tort and/or class action claims administration project management role.
- Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of client projects (PMI or PMP) certification preferred
- Experience tracking and reporting project budget performance and KPIs
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Skilled at introducing and managing change into the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate with others to reach agreements/solutions that meet internal and external (client) needs
- Expertise and/or significant interest in developing and/or managing projects with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (demonstrated ability to empathize with and run projects involving minority and/or socio-economically disadvantaged claimants preferred).