Founded in 2014, with a base in Austin and Chicago, this award winning company has expanded from 10 to more than 1,000 employees. They have a focus on one thing: defining a new standard for experience in freight, pushing the limits of what’s possible for themselves and their partners every day. With specialization in working with shippers and carriers, products and supplies have been relocated from one place to another on behalf of thousands of clients. Our client’s relentless pursuit of perfection fuels their ability to optimize operations, identify efficiencies, build technology and deliver innovation. In addition to expanding its workforce, proceeds from the new investment will let our client continue to invest in its technology and create new service offerings. Our client knows their people are their greatest asset, and that is why they are a “people-first” organization!
Our client is looking for a dedicated and high-energy Senior Software Engineer to join an amazing team that’s built to operate autonomously, collaborate easily and produce capital-Q Quality products while never forgetting the importance of the team culture. In this role, you will collaborate with developers outside your team through guilds, hackweeks, pull requests, design sessions and tech reviews to broaden your knowledge, friendships and impact.
What YOU get to go DO with this mission driven company!
- Design, develop, and deliver front end application components for a distributed system.
- Code consistent, efficient, maintainable, and scalable UI components.
- Create mockups, proof of concepts, and prototypes.
- Provide technical leadership to other developers; provide guidance on design patterns, technology used, and perform code reviews.
- Commit and communicate frequently, avoiding the pitfalls associated with big PRs and long periods of silence.
- Ensure that your code is accompanied by thorough, well structured automated tests, whether that means writing them yourself or partnering effectively with an automation engineer.
- Contribute to the success and optimization of your team’s development processes while collaborating enthusiastically and effectively with the Product and Design teams.
- Communicate effectively, verbally or in writing, and use our client’s collaboration tools efficiently and appropriately to spread your questions and knowledge to the people who can benefit from them.
- Be a strong example of healthy engineering team culture, evangelizing the team’s principles and mentoring team members in how to apply them.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- RESTful API design experience.
- UI development experience using modern libraries like React.
- SQL and relational database architecture experience.
- Microservice Architecture experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of ReactJS and its core principles and experience with popular ReactJS libraries.
- Experience using unit test libraries
- Strong user experience design skills and attention to detail.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our client’s dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Mondays & Fridays! Snack and lunch options are also available daily. Start your morning with a specialty drink from our client’s fully stocked coffee bar.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our client’s Referral Program! Get recognized through their employee rewards program.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Invest in your future with our client’s matching 401K program.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our client’s office building that includes Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training!
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our client’s Employee Assistance Program and Resource Groups.