Our client is the innovation and technology division of a 17 years old, 5-star rated independent community bank based in Austin, Texas. They are one of the preeminent independent community banks in the nation and a national leader in responsible financial services innovation This Division powered by the bank’s proprietary cloud-based technology fintech platform. The platform was designed and built to rapidly prototype, test, and deploy at scale new and unique consumer and commercial financial products and services. They are also one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, receiving recognition on the list of INC 5000 fastest growing private companies in America the last 5 years in a row.
With all this growth and opportunity, we need an exceptional Software QA Manager/Test Lead to join their team to work with our advanced development team in Austin, and to provide guidance and support to our offshore product development teams.
What you get to do as the Senior Software QA Manager
- Analyze project specifications and define test plans to support planned software development
- Create test automation plans as appropriate, and use state of the art tools to create automated test suites
- Run automated test suites and do manual testing as needed – Pull sleeves as needed.
- Report test results to the development team and collaborate closely with developers to rapidly resolve software defects and other issues
- Review test plans from offshore teams and provides advice and support to enhance test strategies of offshore teams
- Proactively share automated and manual test suites between our US and offshore teams
- Establish software test policies and procedures for our software test teams worldwide
- Ensure that all software that goes into production is stable, correct, and meets enterprise software standards
- Provides inputs related to Estimates, capacity planning, Sprints, and Release Planning.
- Ensure products continuously comply with quality, performance, reliability requirements as well as relevant banking regulatory requirements across products
- Full understanding and ability to deploy QC tools and methodologies in performing effective change impact analysis and in improving the quality posture of products
- Manage automation roadmap across all products, platforms.
- Metrics, KPIs, and data-driven decision-making. Own the metrics, KPIs for project success. Define, measure, and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data.
- Analyze existing quality processes, tools, and systems and work with cross-functional teams for improvements
- Voices out opinions with rational explanations in Release GO/NO Go calls And all critical decision-making meetings.
- Works closely with Automation, Process, Tools & Metrics Squad teams & Arch Council teams; And promotes the use of best practices within the team.
What you need to succeed as the Senior QA Test Lead/Manager
- 10+ years experience in the Software Engineering environment
- Excellent People Manager, managing engineers, leads, promotes, rewards competence and skills within the team.
- Strong hands-on QA automation experience (Robot, Selenium is what they use)
- Extensive API and backend test experience
- Proven ability to develop comprehensive software test plans for enterprise-strength software, including regression, UAT and performance testing.
- Experience managing small teams of test engineers
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, regression testing, code review, and design of new features.
- BS in Computer Science or a related area, or relevant work experience
What’s in it for you with the fast growing FinTech firm?
- Excellent Compensation Package includes Competitive Salary range and comprehensive benefits package
- Our client offers a combination of the stability of a bank with the creativity of a fintech startup. You’ll enjoy a stable, family friendly, culture of consumer-oriented and responsible innovation. Since they are a profitable and highly rated bank, you won’t have to worry about getting the next round of VC funding and they expect you to have a work-life balance of a normal human. Weekends, nights, and evenings should be spent with friends and family, not in the office
- If you get inspired by wanting your next career milestone to read: “QA Test Manager on a TEAM that grew revenue from $50 million to $500 million in 5 years.”, our client would like to chat with you!