Our client is a flourishing and rapidly growing technology company with a community bank charter in Austin Texas. Known as one of the best performing banks in the country and a nationwide leader in consumer-friendly, responsible financial innovation, they are trending toward building a $1 billion tech company with revenues approaching $50 million and a CAGR of almost 100%. Ranked INC 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America for the past 5 years, they are known
as a pioneer in fintech and banking, we have our own technology platform, bank charter, are profitable, and are self-funded so we control our own destiny. We are a 5-star rated independent community bank and member of the FDIC. We also have a product pipeline that would make even the most well-funded fintech Unicorn blush with envy, including B2C, B2B, BAAS, and embedded finance.
We combine the stability of a profitable bank with the creativity and energy of a fintech startup. We have a casual demeanor yet execute with professional precision. You’ll enjoy a family friendly, culture of customer-oriented and responsible innovation. We expect you to have the innovation, creativity, and drive for growth of a rapidly scaling technology company, with a work-life balance of a normal human.
Our Core Values:
We are nice folks, but unapologetically fierce competitors in the marketplace who work as a team. Every member of our team embodies our core values. We work, hire, fire, and promote by these values.
- Take Initiative – A bias to action
- No Big Egos – Self-confidence with humility
- Honesty – Direct forthright communication
- Wicked Smart – Intellectually and emotionally self-aware
If your favorite pronouns are “I” and “me”, you won’t be a great fit. If you get inspired by wanting your next career milestone to read: “Senior Software Test Engineer on a TEAM that grew revenue from $50 million to $500 million in 5 years.”, we’d like to chat with you.
- You embody our core values and have exceptional initiative to create and enhance world class technology solutions.
- You have acute attention to detail. You love and understand data, analysis, and optimization.
- You are a thinker and a DO-er. You have the combination of strategic thought, and the ability to roll-up your sleeves and execute with excellence on that vision.
- You have a fire in your belly. You love to win and hate to lose.
- You want to improve the life of our customers and other stakeholders while fast-tracking your career.
We are looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to work with our advanced development team in Austin, and to provide guidance and support to our offshore product development teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze project specifications and define test plans to support planned software development
- Create test automation plans as appropriate, and use state of the art tools to create automated test suites
- Run automated test suites and do manual testing as needed
- Report test results to the development team and collaborate closely with developers to rapidly resolve software defects and other issues
- Review test plans from offshore teams and provide advice and support to enhance test strategies of offshore teams
- Proactively share automated and manual test suites between our US and offshore teams
- Establish software test policies and procedures for our software test teams worldwide
- Ensure that all software that goes into production is stable, correct, and meets enterprise software standards
Requirements & Skills:
- BS in Computer Science or a related area, or relevant work experience
- Proven full-stack programming skills in Java
- Frontend test design and implementation experience
- Extensive API and backend test experience
- Strong hands-on background in software test automation
- Proven ability to develop comprehensive software test plans for enterprise strength software, including regression, UAT and performance testing.
- Experience managing small teams of test engineers
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, regression testing, code review, and design of new features.
- Experienced and comfortable working with global development teams, able to work hours as needed to collaborate with offshore teams, and able to travel if needed to work with remote teams.
- Highly organized and disciplined in work approach, but also flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances as needed
- Self-motivated and able to work with little daily guidance
- 8+ years experience in Software Engineering roles
- Passionate about mentoring others and growing the careers of those around them
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to drive impact across the SDLC, including working with Business Analysts to clarify requirements and break down work, reviewing production code written by others, assisting with design for testability, and using data to drive decisions about impact and rate of investment of test code
- Able to drive and influence others across the organization
- UX design skills would be a bonus but not expected