Our client, founded in 2001 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, is one of the world’s largest private distributors of U.S. and foreign government-issued gold, silver, platinum and palladium. Hundreds of thousands of clients across the country rely on US Money Reserve to diversify their assets with physical precious metals, primarily in the form of U.S. gold and silver coins. The company focuses on recognizing the need to combine top-notch customer service, high-level market knowledge and the type of professional guidance that is necessary when purchasing precious metals. Looking for candidates that are interested in providing best-in-class customer service and want to be a part of a winning team.
Excited to expand the team at the home base, as a Database Administrator, you will be Responsible for working with stakeholders to understand the reporting requirements of each deliverable and develop reports against a SQL database. Most important requirement for all employees in all departments is that you must be genuinely a good person who works well with others in a team environment.
What YOU get to DO on this WINNING team
- The primary focus of this position will be sales and marketing performance reporting.
- Report development using SQL Server Reporting Services and develop SQL queries as required for each report.
- Requirements gathering with internal teams.
- Performs open source technology tools research to improve the overall capability of the technology stack
- Ability to develop automation and scripts to automate tasks and tools to reduce DBA manual touchpoints
- Contributes to the direction of Azure cloud migration
- Develops standardization of documentation and researches new features and best practices
- Understand the DBAs challenges, deliver a technical solution that meets the unique needs of DBAs with innovation and automation
- Learn continuously, leveraging training resources and self-directed training, sharing knowledge and skills with the rest of the team
- Complete multiple migrations/upgrades
What YOU need to SUCCEED in this role
- You have at least 3+ years of experience as a DBA
- 3+ years of recent development experience with SSRS
- 3+ years experience working as a SQL Server administrator with a strong understanding of database monitoring and performance tuning and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- 3+ years in building, migrating/deploying Azure cloud-based database and PostgreSQL
- Hands-on experience scripting in PowerShell to automate SQL administration functions is a must and expertise in writing complex SQL queries
- Familiarity with backups, restores, and High Availability (Always on)
- Success in implementing operational automation using scripts with the ability to develop automation and scripts to automate tasks and tools to reduce DBA manual touchpoints.
- Experience working in an Agile process.
- Sales and Marketing reporting experience
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Comprehensive benefits plan to include health, dental, and vision as well as matching contributions to 401K.
- Competitive Salary and PTO plan including vacation and holidays.
- USMR is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we proudly employ many Veterans of our armed forces.
- The office is located in Austin, Texas, and has Hybrid or In-Office options.