Our client is a quickly growing fitness group with 30+ locations in Texas and continuing to expand. Currently they are looking for a staff accountant to join a dynamic team!
As the Staff Accountant you will perform moderately complex general ledger work. You will leverage your experience, confidence, integrity, and professionalism to effectively complete tasks. Your work will involve preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, annual and jurisdiction audit assistance, tax and insurance support, and compliance permitting and licensing. This role will work under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement. This is a Full-Time, Exempt role.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Small fitness company that allows for exposure to a lot of functions with good energy atmosphere.
- The culture is light and positive, hybrid work environment with work from home on Fridays!
- Free classes for the employee and 1 more person in the household (Worth $200 per month, per person)
- Competitive Pay with Unlimited PTO and 401K.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Perform regular general ledger functions and reporting necessary to support the Accounts Payable and Payroll subdepartments, as well as ad hoc accounting support and reporting for other business units. (HR, Marketing, etc.)
- Audit accounting and financial documents for accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), departmental policies and local/state/federal laws.
- Oversee various areas of the general ledger to include journal entry preparation, recording, reconciliations, and analysis for financial reporting.
- Routinely research and reconcile discrepancies in accounts, bank statements, or report findings.
- To promote shared knowledge and a well-rounded skillset, actively participate in general ledger cross-training duties as assigned.
- Complete regular activities and special assignments related to tax, insurance, local/state/federal filings, and compliance items such as permitting/licensing, health spa renewals, surety bonds, etc.
- Routinely prepare and support the delivery of the monthly Studio P&Ls and supplementary reporting.
- Maintain accurate electronic records of expenditures & expenses within the Accounting database and QuickBooks Online; retain copies of all reconciliations, journal entries, project work, and items for audit preparedness.
- Intercept and triage mail accordingly; oversee all shipping/delivery needs for the Accounting department as needed.
- May require occasional travel.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years’ work experience in accounting or financial operations.
- Valid CPA license a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP required.
- Intermediate or advanced excel understanding ncluding vlookups, pivots, sumifs, index/match.
- Experience working in a multi-state organization.
- Proficient knowledge in full spectrum of general ledger.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, PowerBI through routine utilization.