Our client is a publicly traded insurance holding company serving the life insurance needs of individuals in the United States and internationally.
As they continue to grow, they are seeking a highly motivated Staff Accountant with outstanding analytical ability to join their Accounting team. The Staff Accountant will collect and prepare accurate financial information to reconcile General Ledger and other reporting and effectively execute accounting processes and controls within the department. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Assistant Director of Accounting and this position is located at the corporate headquarters in Austin, TX.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Free covered parking at a new building in a great location.
- Medical & Dental Plans, with 401K Matching and a complete approach to employee’s wellness, physical and financial well-being.
- Opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their careers and in turn, business.
- Community services events throughout the year.
- All employees have a generous PTO plan to promote a healthy balance between work and play.
- Gym on-site.
What YOU get to DO at this competitive company:
- Prepares journal entries, including prepaid accruals, allocations, amortizations, and reclassifications and other tasks for month-end, quarter-end, or year-end financials close.
- Supports the cash management function by preparing bank reconciliations, EFT processing, as well as reviewing and posting journal entries.
- Performs routine account reconciliations and maintenance-related support files for General Ledger Accounts, partnering with team members to resolve discrepancies.
- Performs other job-related duties and projects needed.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related area
- Two to five years of work experience in an Accounting role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft Excel intermediate skills required.
- Strong reconciliation (including bank reconciliation) and journal entry preparation experience is required.
- Prefer ERP financial systems knowledge and design experience; Oracle Cloud ERP is a plus.
- Prefer insurance experience.
- Ability to meet critical business deadlines and manage multiple priorities, address issues/concerns in a professional manner, collaborate and interact effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
- Familiarity operating in an extremely fast-paced, complex accounting environment shaped by constant change and innovation.
- Understanding and knowledge of internal controls and SOX compliance as well as GAAP accounting principles.
- Knowledge of current SEC rules and regulations is a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance products is also a bonus!