Our client is a Austin Texas venture-backed, high-growth SaaS software company building virtual recruiting solutions for universities and employers. They have a strong presence in the legal industry, with 65+ BigLaw firms and 70+ top law schools as clients. Their clients rely on their software to facilitate their virtual recruiting processes and programs for interviews and networking events.
They are building a brand new team in Austin in support of an exciting technology roadmap of existing and new product that they are building. And they are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join their team and be a mentor and leader to a team of engineers, you’ll help them grow their skill sets and refine their coding skills
What you will get to do as a Staff Software Engineer at this cool, fast growing company!
- You’ll help shape the foundation of backend architecture and organization
- Play a key role in making impactful changes to the development of our core application. Every line of code you write will affect thousands of users.
- Build seamless and beautiful user experiences as you learn from tackling problems and building highly reliable solutions focused on the user.
- Join a quickly growing company and share responsibility in the team’s success
What you need to succeed in this role
- 10+ years of experience working on a software engineering team
- You know React like the back of your hand
- A backend system and architecture expert, AWS is one of your strong suits
- Code organization and readability are extremely important to you
- A User Interface attention to detail connoisseur: You make sure everything is pixel perfect when developing front end code
- You are very comfortable working with API calls for fetching and posting data
- Strong ability to communicate technical problems to non-technical teams
- BONUS POINTS: You have owned your own development projects that impacted users directly
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent compensation package includes salary and Full offering of healthcare benefits, including vision and dental; cost partially subsidized
- Generous PTO and Sick Leave policy and employee stock option
- Parental leave policy
- Flexible office policy with free parking and IT equipment budget
- They have an East Austin office available to those who prefer to work in person. For employees seeking to work remotely, they ask for you to join us in the office at least four times per month, with no longer than a two-week gap in attendance. They also hold a required All Hands meeting once a month and plan to eventually return to the office.