Our client is changing the way people connect to social care programs. Launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX, they have helped over 10 million people find food, health, housing and employment programs in seconds using their SaaS Platform. They're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people. Their mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
As this dedicated company continues to grow, they are needing a passionate Staff Engineer, whose role will be to lead large technical projects with the team of thoughtful, friendly engineers driven by our client's mission. In your day-to-day you’ll build and maintain highly available, reliable, and scalable systems. You’ll actively contribute to the mentorship and culture of the engineering team.
What's in it for YOU?
- Excellent Compensation Package includes strong salary range and comprehensive benefits package.
- 401k & stock options, Free food, an onsite gym, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays.
- Pet-friendly office with attached dog park.
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling.
- They value being together and believe this enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
- You can expect to be in-office if you’re applying in cities they currently have offices (Austin, TX and Denver, CO) with potential for remote work.
- Be a part of a diverse, inclusive team with a mission that is changing lives.
What YOU get to go do:
- Create, support, and enhance new and existing features.
- Lead and deliver projects with a team of engineers.
- Cover critical code with automation and testing.
- Participate in grooming meetings, shaping the future of the product.
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience working in Software Engineering.
- Strong background in Ruby/Rails.
- Experience working with and scaling relational DB, such as MySQL or Postgres.
- Bonus points for exposure to or worked with Redis, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Redshift, Docker.
- Understanding of AWS, or similar infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Elixir / Phoenix.
APPLICANTS FOR THIS ROLE MUST BE BASED IN THE US.