Our client utilizes supply chain management technology that allows businesses to monitor every step of the shipping and delivery process. From where the product is made to the path of transport and destination, customers can pinpoint where every shipment is located. Some of our client’s customers include the world’s largest businesses, ranging from retail, manufacturing, logistics services, and more! Our client knows that in the near future, every shipment in the world will be captured, analyzed, and enhanced by their platform, ensuring better decisions and outcomes for both senders and recipients.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer like you to become key members of their product development organization. Because you are curious and driven, you’ll naturally explore how to build elegant and creative solutions to complex technical challenges. Because you value a sense of community and shared commitment, you’ll collaborate closely with others to ship software that delights our client’s customers. Are you up for the challenge? Do you have a track record of building both internal and external-facing software services in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about introducing disruptive and innovative software solutions for the $1T shipping and logistics industry? Are you ready to deliver immediate impact with the software you create?
Primary Responsibilities of the Staff Software Engineer
- Build both internal and external REST/JSON services running on our 100% Docker-based application stack
- Build data pipelines around event-based and streaming-based AWS services and application features
- Craft, deploy, and support performant production software on AWS
- Share ownership of all facets of software delivery, including development, operations, and test
- Help set technical direction for the team, fixing today’s problems while anticipating long-term challenges
- Work with key stakeholders to make critical decisions
- Be a positive role model and mentor for junior developers in all areas of code health
Primary Requirements for the Staff Software Engineer
- You have 8+ years of software development experience
- You pay attention to details, and love writing beautiful, well-designed, and tested code that can stand the test of time
- You’ve built high-quality software, solved technical problems at scale, and believe in shipping software iteratively and often
- You’ve owned a project from concept to production including the design and execution phases
- You consider the effect of your work across multiple teams and proactively manage potential issues
- You have solid engineering fundamentals with one or more areas of deep knowledge and experience
- Must be located in the USA or Canada.
Technologies our client uses
- Our application stack runs entirely on Docker – frontend and backend
- Our infrastructure is on AWS and uses managed services whenever possible. Current examples: RDS, EC2 Elastic Container Service (Docker), Kinesis, SQS, Lambda, and Redshift
- Java is our language of choice for long-lived backend services
- Python for tooling and data science
- Postgres is our SQL database of choice
What is in it for you with this fast-growing company?
- Excellent Compensation Package includes comprehensive benefits plan
- Employee Stock and Incentive program and savings programs
- Work with an established team of professionals building leading-edge software products
- Enjoy a high-performance workplace that is equal parts work and fun