Our client, the leader in minimizing equipment and critical assets downtime for the energy industry and has been the Provider of Choice for some of the largest Refinery, Petrochemical and Power complexes in North America for over 30 years. One of the critical success factors contributing to their growth and success is their focus and commitment to building world-class software and systems that help the company run more efficiently and scale more effectively than anyone else in their space.
They are looking for a Systems Administrator to assist the Infrastructure Team Lead with the development and maintenance of the clients’ server and network infrastructure and associated systems. This position will work in an environment of continuous change while minimizing disruption to system users.
What you will do as a Systems Administrator
- Contribute to the delivery of IT (network and server) infrastructure projects as directed by the Infrastructure Lead
- Contribute to the development of strategy and the formulation & implementation of policy in areas such as security, network connectivity, telecommunications, and backup
- Provide specialized technical support to users and solve complex technical issues that are unable to be addressed by other members of the support team
- Contribute to the development, management, and maintenance of all servers and network infrastructure including Windows Server, vSphere, Mobile Device Management, and Cisco Meraki systems
- Management of 365 tenant and related email/account systems, including active directory and group policy
- Management of network switches, storage area network, wireless access points and firewalls
- Management of network storage array
- Management of disaster recovery/business continuity routines
- Installation of server/network infrastructure across offices nationwide
- Produce and maintain appropriate documentation, including new procedures and infrastructure diagrams
- Promote an active learning environment within the company, presenting training courses and support documentation to internal user groups and others in the IT Dept
- Keep up to date with developments and changes in IT and make recommendations where appropriate to the Infrastructure Team lead and other members of IT Department.
- Develop relationships with company users to assess their technology needs
- Continual improvement of network infrastructure using technologies such as QoS, VLAN’s, SD-WAN, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of departmental processes and tools
Required Skills and Experience required for the Systems Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field, or significant progressive experience in IT.
- 1-3 years of prior experience in a system administration role.
- 1-3 years of prior experience in network administration preferred.
- Required certifications: MCSA (or higher), CCENT (or equivalent)
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA, Dell Certified Technician, VMWare Certified Professional
- Experience with a Microsoft computing environment particularly focused around Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Servers
- Strong experience in basic networking such as DHCP, DNS, and IPv4
- Experience with Cisco Meraki hardware
- Experience with Network Storage Arrays
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with SonicWall hardware preferred
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud infrastructure preferred
- Working knowledge of technologies such as MPLS, SD-WAN and VLANs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to analyze and problem solve a variety of highly technical issues
- Ability to work in a team environment and to take direction
- Ability to act as coach and guidance to other technicians
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
- Ability to work after hours or on the weekend
- Ability to support multiple sites across Houston and to travel when necessary (<5%)
- Collaborative team spirit, high levels of initiative and drive to contribute to the continual improvement of the IT Department
What’s in it for you as a Systems Administrator?
- Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits offerings that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Training, PTO, 401k and more
- Great time to join as they are evolving and you can be a part of these exciting new changes
- Professional work environment and positive atmosphere
- Growth opportunities as the company grow