As the tech industry grows, there’s an ever-present fear of third parties stealing personal data for malicious purposes. Our client, a startup based in Austin, has created an AI that prevents any theft by obscuring any unnecessary data, making sure that data is only shown on a need-to-know basis. From ensuring the security of videos to credit card numbers, our client leads the privacy protection industry.
Our client is looking for a System Software Engineer to join their team. You’ll be working with incorporating low-level system primitives and low-level optimized programming into their deep learning software. While this isn’t a machine learning position, you’ll collaborate with deep learning researchers in order to better understand the frameworks.
What’s in it for you at this cutting-edge company?
- Work with the best and the brightest of cybersecurity!
- This position comes with equity, meaning that you’ll be on the ground floor of a rapidly rising product
- Competitive salary and benefits
Primary Responsibilities of the System Software Engineer
- Conducting design and development to build and optimize system stacks within various levels of operating systems
- Integrating code in the system stack (such as File System, Network Stack, etc.)
- Profiling deep learning models to identify performance issues and proposing solutions to streamline processes across individual component teams
- Optimizing code for various computing hardware backends specially with vector extensions
Primary Requirements for the System Software Engineer
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering with a specialization in Systems
- Technical knowledge in operating systems, file systems, and vector/SIMD execution
- Experience with low-level system primitives and low-level optimized programming
- A strong understanding of systems and security background, previous security experience is a huge plus!
- Experience in compiler optimizations, LLVM optimization passes, networking stack, and encryption standards and toolkits is preferred