Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator under the general direction of the CIO will perform highly complex duties in the installation, integration, administration and maintenance of the servers and systems software both on-premise and cloud. Contributes strategic vision, serves as a top-level contributor, and lead for the most complex IT Infrastructure initiatives.
- Work with IT applications, operations teams and lines of business to analyze business requirements and develop scalable, strategic and cost-effective solutions to meet specific business challenges.
- Perform evaluations of new Infrastructure solutions sets to augment existing capabilities.
- Lead the design of cloud (Azure) and on-premise IT infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise in line with strategic business initiatives, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with the development team to plan, implement and maintain internally developed applications.
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline the interaction of tools and infrastructure to maximize efficiency of processes and operational, infrastructure and applications resources.
- Lead major infrastructure implementations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Solve complex business problems by innovative application of technology solutions.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensure desktop computers and users interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- In Person, Phone, Email and Ticket support with onsite and remote employees.
- Manage Ticket pipeline within stated SLA’s.
- Assist in the design of cloud and on-premise IT infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise in line with strategic business initiatives, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and maintain server monitoring; resolve alerts from said monitoring.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Proficient and demonstrated operating experience in following areas: Windows Server 2012/2016 operating systems, server storage and storage networking (NAS, iSCSI, SAN), Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SQL Server 2012+
- Azure Cloud Infrastructure is a significant plus
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent work experience required
- CompTIA Network+
- Experience with Crystal Report Writer is a plus
- ITIL Certified
- Preferred Microsoft Certifications MCITP, MCTP, MCM, MCSE
- 3+ years of experience in areas of Windows Server
- 3+ years of server hardware configuration and maintenance
- Payroll Company experience a plus