Our client, headquartered in the “Silicon Hills” of Austin, Texas, offers an experience as unique as the city in which it operates. The firm supports more than 1,700 independent financial advisors in delivering comprehensive securities and investment advisory services to their clients. With a culture rich in reinvention and advisor advocacy, they have developed integrated business management technology that, combined with its personalized consulting services, offers exceptional scale and efficiency.
This is a thrilling role that will give the right candidate a great opportunity to be in the position to drive the success of the IT operations and integrations teams. We are looking for a Systems Administrator that has a solid background of diagnosing and trouble-shooting infrastructure issues within a fast-paced environment, assisting with overall technology strategy, and utilizing positive communication and collaboration with the infrastructure team.
Primary Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator
- Support Jira and Confluence Cloud platform
- Manage and Maintain Security Certificate infrastructure using Microsoft CA Server and OpenSSL
- Manage and Administer Azure AD accounts
- Responsible for the proper functionality of systems including but not limited to email hosting, servers, and internal network
- Manage and support Windows servers
- Assist in the management of virtualization servers
- Support Tier 1 technicians in troubleshooting system related issues
- On-boarding and off-boarding IT process for employees
- Recommend improvements to existing systems and new technologies
- Documentation and record keeping of current in production system’s technology
- Hands on with installing network cabling, equipment and ongoing support
- PC desktop support and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot voice and phone system issues
Primary Requirements of the Systems Administrator
- Direct experience as a Jira/Confluence Administrator (either on-premises or Cloud)
- Direct experience as an account administrator for Office 365
- Experience in the following:
- Managing SSL certificates
- Desktop Operating Systems (Win 7, Win 8 Win 10, Mac OS)
- vCenter and ESXI
- Email hosting and troubleshooting (spam filtering, dkim, spf) – direct experience migrating mailboxes to Exchange Online (O365) a plus
- Configuring and supporting Linux and Windows Servers in a production environment
- A grasp of industry best practices with regard to backups, network security, patch management, monitoring, documentation, etc.
- A strong customer service presence, and an unwavering commitment to quality of service and follow-through
- An ability, willingness, and desire to learn and embrace new, unfamiliar and/or emerging technologies which may best address changing business needs
What's in it for you as a Systems Administrator?
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full time position
- World-class team of professionals, casual work environment and rich culture
- Challenging projects now and on the Technology Roadmap going out several years
- Career path, training support and opportunities for advancement within
- Award-winning, stable leader in their market space and still growing
- Solid compensation plan includes comprehensive benefits and bonus plan
- Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services and more.
- A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water