Our client is a leading national firm specializing in Tax, Assurance, and consulting services that is scaling up their tax team! They work across different industries and have consistently grown to a point where they need to add a Manager to the team that can focus on a local customer base.
Position Summary: As part of our Tax Services Practice, the Tax Manager will plan, supervise and review multiple engagements and client assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate effective research and problem-solving skills
- Perform technical review of complex tax returns and research. Accounting specialists perform technical reviews of complex financial statements and special projects. Accounting services specialists demonstrate the ability to review and research complex GAAP and reporting issues.
- Provides feedback on performance to members within the Firm’s reporting process, monitors CPE needs and requests specialized training for staff.
- Prepares client-ready deliverables that require few content changes by Senior Managers and Partners.
- Monitor engagement progress against client expectations.
- Expanded involvement in firm and service line administrative duties as requested..
- Participate in the proposal process.
- Consistent completion of tax returns or financial statements.
- Takes a leadership role directed to staff and clients in directing engagements by actively managing the engagement responsibilities, which includes drafting engagement letters, providing status to the client and/or audit team as appropriate, managing actual hours incurred versus budgeted hours, and billing clients.
- Supervise staff on multiple concurrent engagements.
- Monitor and supervise the progress of staff, where applicable, in all engagement phases; provide performance feedback when needed.
- Perform a review of the work prepared by others for coverage, completeness, accuracy, and technical proficiency.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of tax return processes and financial statements.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Consistently take ownership of assigned engagement objectives and demonstrate the ability to plan multiple concurrent engagements while maintaining the department staff schedule.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the client’s operations, accounting systems, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates.
- Identify and develop budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’s in discharging their professional responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- CPA with 5-7 or more years of experience in public accounting.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrates independent thinking and strong decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff.
- Strong relationship management and practice development skills.
- Experience with a variety of industries and all aspects of federal tax laws.
- Tax Managers possess a thorough understanding of individual, partnership, S-Corp, C-Corp returns, research and general business planning knowledge.
- Accounting Managers possess a thorough understanding of accounting issues and financial statement preparation.