Look no further recruitAbility has the perfect company for you.
This is the perfect opportunity for a TAX SUPERVISOR to become a part of this amazing work environment, where your input will be highly valued. Our client is an Austin-based company that provides quality building products and services to their "Born to Build" customers with a team of unique people who are committed to both professional and personal growth.
The ideal TAX SUPERVISOR is a detailed orientated candidate with the ability to multi-task and who has excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; someone that can laugh together with their teammates and still get the work done. Some of your responsibilities as a TAX SUPERVISOR are:
- Ensure the accurate, timely completion and filing of all tax compliance at the federal and state levels
- Supervise the sales tax compliance process to include filings and securing, maintaining of sales tax certificates relative to non-taxed sales transactions by retail stores
- Supervise and coordinate tax audits
- Oversee capitalization of fixed and lease assets
- Oversee and review reconciliations of tax, fixed asset, and lease-related general ledger accounts
- Prepare tax provision ASC 740 (FAS 109)
- Assist in evaluation/selection of income tax software
- Prepare corporate income tax estimates, extensions & returns, including federal and five state income tax returns
- Interface with tax consultants
- Perform tax research and prepare internal memoranda
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Evaluate processes for best practice
- Mentor and supervise tax support staff; include delegating workload and tasks, reviewing all staff journal entries, and discuss/correct items with the staff members
- Research and respond to inquiries from store managers, regional managers, loss prevention, corporate managers, and executive team
- Follow standard operating procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of the position
- Attend all team meetings and company training sessions as required
- Ensure that proprietary company information remains confidential, at all times, and is not disclosed to unauthorized personnel unless directed by senior accounting personnel
- Other projects as requested
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible spending account & health savings account
- Employee assistance program
- Financial advisor
- Life/ AD&D
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CONSTRUCTION CONTROLLER:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA Certification a plus
- Supervisory experience
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in EXCEL
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to utilize strong multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills necessary for managing multiple accounting issues at one time in a professional manner and under minimal supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of basic and intermediate accounting principles
- Prior experience working in the retail industry
Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of a company that is always looking to have a work-life balance. So don’t think twice and apply, let’s start this journey together. every step of the way.