Our client is the first outcome-oriented supply chain management technology. They provide businesses worldwide unmatched visibility into shipping and delivery and the tools to act from international point of origin to destination. Their clients include the world’s largest businesses spanning retail, manufacturing, and logistics services, and all share in our vision for a future where supply chains are dynamic, agile, and data-driven. They believe that one day every shipment in the world will be captured, analyzed & enhanced by our platform, creating better decisions and outcomes for both senders and recipients.
They are seeking a smart, passionate and collaborative Senior Technical Product Manager to join their Product team. If you are obsessed with data and the users of your product, and know how to operate in a startup environment, you may be the perfect fit.
In this role, your goals are to bring value and happiness to our customers by creating best-in-class SaaS products in the thriving ecommerce supply chain space. Data is the lifeblood of our client and our products power better consumer delivery experiences and outcomes for some of the largest ecommerce retailers in the world, like Walmart, The Home Depot, Costco, H&M and Casper Mattresses. You will be expected to take both a creative and analytical approach using data, wisdom and expertise to generate measurable business results and turn our data into a business differentiator.
Product Management is the hub of the company, linking our strategy to execution, and you will be expected to communicate and collaborate with many different groups. Your day-to-day will be working closely with Product and Engineering to drive development execution and best practices, Sales and Marketing to take new products to market, Customer Success to ensure retailer value, and the entire business to determine what's next.
Members of the Product team are both collaborative and autonomous leaders. We assume you wouldn't have it any other way.
Primary Responsibilities of the Technical Product Manager
- Provide direction and chart the course for your products and product features.
- Research, flesh out requirements, document, discover new ways to innovate, and plan iterations in concert with the Engineering, UX, Customer Success and Product Marketing teams. Nothing happens without communication and collaboration with these groups.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers, and Data Scientists on the Product team to ensure roadmap alignment with broader product portfolio.
- Collaborate with their Engineering team to understand opportunities, informed by root-cause analysis, market research, success metrics and customer feedback.
- Guide the client on how to utilize their existing partner relationships to enhance their platform. Weigh whether they build, buy, or partner.
- Gather market feedback and requirements directly from customers and prospects as well as from the Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
- Launch your product and product features, including rollout planning, internal and external communication, testing and all the last minute decision-making required to actually get something incredible out the door.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
Primary Requirements for the Technical Product Manager position
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline that has propelled you to build tech chops in your career, from computer science to business.
- 5+ years combination of product management experience, where you are designing and launching products within SaaS.
- Knowledge, experience with data architecture and complex data-sets.
- Experience working in a venture-backed startup.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Extremely strong verbal, visual and written communication skills, and can message appropriately for all levels of the organization using data and visualizations.
- Passion and empathy for the product and for our users and strong belief in the mission of creating customer and user value.
- Proven critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage and act with autonomy.
- Detail oriented, but also strategic. You should be able to context switch from guiding on implementation details to giving a company presentation with ease and aplomb.
- Ecommerce, supply chain, and/or logistics experience is a plus.
- Must be located in the US or Canada.
What is in it for you as the Technical Product Manager with this rapidly growing company?
- Excellent Compensation Package includes comprehensive benefits plan
- Employee Stock and Incentive program and savings programs
- Work with an established team of professionals building leading edge software products