Our client is an established yet still growing software automation company headquartered in North Houston, TX. They are seeking a Technical Product Specialist to join their Product team to maintain and enhance components of their primary application as it pertains to IBMi. Develop and maintain specialized technical applications written in RPG, CL, or other IBMi languages as required. Enhances existing products by adding features, assists support personnel to resolve reported defects in existing products.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Assist the Technical Product Manager (TPM) to maintain, enhance, expand and modernize code.
- Develop and execute QA test plans and procedures
- Review specifications and requirements based on client technical and business needs.
- Peer review the performance of software and programs and suggest action to correct deficiencies.
- Maintain developed software solutions compatible with company hardware and software platform requirements.
- Create and maintain the technical content of relevant product documentation.
- Assist the Support and Consulting teams with customer questions and cases as needed
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and the tools selected to support it.
- Solid understanding of encryption and application security best practices.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills, problem diagnosis, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be enthusiastic about learning and mastering new technologies.
- Required: 5 years of experience as a software developer using RPG, CL, DDS, SQL, and IBMi / AS400, operating system and APIs
- Preferred: 10 years of experience as a software developer using RPG, CL, DDS, SQL, and IBMi / AS400, operating system and APIs, web development technologies
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field