Our client is a rapidly growing legal services company that provides pre and post-settlement administration and resolution services for law firms in complex settlements. They are looking to hire a VP of Operations to run a large and growing lien operations group, it is an exceptional opportunity to become a key success driver as the company continues to grow. You will make a substantial impact, serving as a front-runner of their culture of accountability, customer commitment, and performance excellence in the Austin office.
The ideal candidate will have extensive and wide-ranging experience managing and improving Operations and/or Customer Service functions for Legal Services, IT Services, Financial Services. They will have demonstrated ability in working across functions to standardize and improve processes, achieving transformative improvements, and developing centers of excellence to manage offshore functions. In addition, he or she will have successfully deployed, scaled, and established data-driven infrastructure to support Operations and/or relationship management. Experience with offshore operations is beneficial.
Key Areas of Focus
- Develop and lead the Lien Resolution team in Austin and offshore
- Deliver Operational and Financial Results, including developing KPIs
- Develop new processes that are documented, repeatable, and standardized and drive Continuous Improvement
- Closely partner with IT department to integrate operations
- Deploy new Austin wide technology, including training, user testing, QA, and roll out implementation
- Support Business Development and Commercial Initiatives
- Develop and lead the Lien Resolution team by creating and executing a cohesive program strategy with tangible goals along with accompanying metrics.
- Drive change and improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the use of resources while identifying areas of opportunities for growth and new capabilities.
- Develop a data-driven program structure to help remove roadblocks, solve problems, and deliver successful engagements throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Project Management, IT, Sales, and Marketing teams to define key value propositions and execution plans for their suite of products and services.
- Support the development and implementation of an offshore operation.
- Serve as an ambassador of the culture of accountability, leading by example, inclusiveness, diversity, performance, and employee engagement.
- Set expectations and oversee completion of assigned duties, as well as develop direct reports via coaching, training, and development plans.
- Lead the team in annual/quarterly/monthly operational planning, keep track of the budget, and report on performance, with a focus on ROI and revenue growth.
Personal and Professional
- High intellectual capacity and clarity of thinking, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work across functions and gain buy-in and consensus
- Trained in Six Sigma and/or comparable continuous improvement structure
- Effective team leadership and organizational skills driving team members to perform optimally and develop professionally
- Highly resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity, creative thinker, solution provider, and problem solver
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency, tempered with self-awareness, empathy, and sense of timing
- Ability and capacity to expand responsibility over time