The candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of existing loans including updated annual analysis on their spreads and performance. In the event loan are sub-performing, the candidate may also work directly with borrowers to determine a resolution. This position requires in-depth knowledge of loan underwriting, strong analytical ability, organization skills, and the ability to communicate directly with borrowers. Candidates may secondarily spend time on underwriting new loans.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manage an ongoing portfolio of loans for annual post-funding analysis.
- Work directly with borrowers who have sub-performing loans or who have not submitted required annual reports.
- Coordinate with the Bank’s legal advisors in the event that a resolution cannot be reached with borrowers who are in default.
- Underwrite new SBA, CRE, and small business loans sourced by the Bank.
- Screen loans the Bank desires to acquire from the secondary market
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & CULTURAL FIT
- Experience in small business or commercial real estate loan underwriting is required.
- Prior experience with preparing loan write-ups for approval.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, management, communication (both written and oral), analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer savvy and capable of efficiently using technology.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial personality who does not need to be heavily managed.
- Great positive attitude and enjoys working with loan officers and underwriters to meet client’s needs.
- Prior experience with SBA lending is considered a major benefit for applicants.