Our client, who launched in 2016, manages tens of thousands of vehicles at dealerships in North America across every major manufacturer brand. By combining a mobile-first approach with fresh design thinking, their industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility services for the top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Recently they were recognized by Built In as one of the 100 Best Hybrid Places to Work.
Currently, they are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Accounting Manager to join their team who will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities for two entities of the organization. In this role, you will ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, implement, and maintain effective accounting systems, as well as provide strategic guidance. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting principles and practices and can bring excellent leadership and mentoring skills to the team.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Mentor, coach and cross-train a growing accounting team of 4 individuals within the AP/AR functions.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to AP/AR.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Work with internal/external auditors to ensure that company accounts receivable, revenue, bad debt allowance, and bad debt expense are accounted for according to company policy and US GAAP.
- Creating or reviewing journal entries, preparing or reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and relevant supporting schedules for month-end processes.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- 5+ years of proven experience in accounting roles with at least 2 years in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- NetSuite experience preferred but not required.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations (GAAP).
- Proficiency in financial reporting and analysis, including experience with financial statement preparation.
- Understanding of current trends and practices while holding the ability to speak to auditing and other topics of accounting fundamentals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to motivate and develop a high performing team.
- Ability to implement process improvements to increase efficiency, quality and automation.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k plan.
- Opportunity to gain experience with a business that is headed in an upwards projection and constantly expanding in its space!
- In this position, you will have exposure to the CFO and other leaders who will foster and challenge growth in its employees so that they are more successful.
- Ability to scale and grow your team based on the needs of the company which will allow an increase in responsibilities and advancement in the role.
- A company whose goal is for its employees, partners, and customers to feel they can show up fully and authentically in the shared communities, in and out of the workplace.
- Tuition reimbursement, company-paid conference attendance and certifications
- Access to a wide array of free educational courses via an on-demand learning platform o foster a culture of growth and development.
- A remote-first work policy, with unlimited PTO and a flexible work schedule so you can get your best work done, your way. For those who enjoy working in office, there is a freshly remodeled headquarters that offers a warm and inviting collaborative team environment in the heart of downtown Austin (with free parking!)