Assistant Fund Controller
Our client, who is headquartered in Dallas, is an SEC-registered investment advisor and private equity firm with multi-billion dollars in assets under management. The firm is the winner of the 2023 Private Equity Wire US Emerging Manager Award for Best Performance: Debt. They are a major player in the U.S. distressed residential mortgage loan space and seek to generate long-term returns in securitized products, distressed credit, and whole loans.
Currently, they are seeking to hire an Assistant Fund Controller to work directly with the Founder and Chief Investment Officer, CFO and Controller to perform the finance and accounting responsibilities for private equity funds. The best fit for this role will be assisting with oversight of Fund Administrator, year-end audits and other day-to-day operations. This position will also become an intricate part of the team and gain exposure to all aspects of the accounting/finance side of operations.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Competitive compensation including base salary and a discretionary performance bonus.
- Compelling benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.
- Join a quickly growing company that gives you exposure to upper management and the investment team!
- Hybrid working environment with work from home on Fridays!
What YOU get to DO at this AWESOME company:
- Review and validate the NAV close packages for the Funds prepared by the fund administrator, and all reconciliation schedules as support.
- Review financial statements including annual footnotes provided by the third fund administrator.
- Interact with the external audit and tax reporting processes with big 4 firms.
- Compile, analyze and prepare of Funds financial data and operating metrics.
- Assist in quarterly Investor reporting.
- Prepare and review Investor capital calls and distributions.
- Investor commitments and capital account management.
- Responsible for the completion of investor questionnaires and for due diligence information requests from investors during fundraising.
- Prepare and review partner allocations, quarterly management fees, waterfall calculations and partner transfers.
- Prepare and monitor Fund expenses and vendor payments.
- Responsible for investor expense allocation and tracking.
- Assist with compliance and regulatory filings.
What YOU need to SUCCEED in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5+years of experience in Fund Accounting.
- A CPA candidate is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exceland US GAAP.
- Thorough and meticulous with extreme focus on details.
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task with good time management skills to meet multiple reporting deadlines.
- Good process management skills.
- Ability to work in Uptown Dallas office.