PE – Fixed Income / RMBS Trader
Our client, who is headquartered in Dallas, is an SEC-registered investment advisor and private equity firm with multi-billion dollars in assets under management. The firm is the winner of the 2023 Private Equity Wire US Emerging Manager Award for Best Performance: Debt. They are a major player in the U.S. distressed residential mortgage loan space and seek to generate long-term returns in securitized products, distressed credit, and whole loans.
Currently, they are seeking to hire an Associate Portfolio Manager to contribute to the continued growth and success of our client’s residential loan and securities business. This company opportunistically invests in U.S. residential whole loans and securities. The best fit for this role will interact with all teams such as Transaction Management, Finance, Analytics and Asset Management, in addition to the head of the Firm.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Competitive compensation including base salary and a discretionary performance bonus.
- Compelling benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.
- Join a quickly growing company that gives you exposure to upper management and the investment team!
- Hybrid working environment with work from home on Fridays!
What YOU get to DO at this AWESOME company:
- Support all trading activities related to U.S. residential mortgages, from bid evaluation, acquisition, disposition, and securitization.
- Work closely with trading and financing counter parties to evaluate and explore financing options and capital market executions.
- Collaborating with various teams such as Transaction Management, Finance, Analytics and Asset Management.
- Work with Analytics team on the infrastructure build-out associated with the portfolio management.
- Work with whole loan transaction management team to track the due diligence and closing processes.
- Assist finance team in reconciling and processing monthly whole loan servicer remittance tapes.
- Assist in day-to-day repo financing for securities and monthly warehouse financing for loans.
- Compare various financing options including securitized deal execution.
- Managing daily risk position and portfolio P&L.
- Optimizing loan portfolios for sale and securitization.
- Prepare/compile reports for Senior Management review.
What YOU need to SUCCEED in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any), Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
- Prior experience with structured products, especially residential mortgages, securities and structuring is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have proficiency in Excel. Programming experience is desired (e.g. SQL, Python, etc.).
- Applicants should possess excellent communication skills and be organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work in Uptown Dallas office.
- US work authorization is required.