Investment Analyst Associate – Real Assets
Our client was established in 1987 and based in New York City and is wholly owned by one of the largest insurance companies globally with over $600 billion of assets. They were formed for the sole purpose of providing investment advisory services to its affiliates and has been registered with the SEC as an investment adviser since 2012. They have over 23 Billion in Assets Under Management with over 60+ Investment Professionals.
As they are continuing to expand, they are seeking a Real Asset Investment Associate to support its rapidly expanding real assets portfolio covering the U.S. and Europe for the Alternatives, Real Asset Investments department. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of either real estate, infrastructure and/or agriculture investments and have experience in research and report preparation. Experience with commingled fund investing is beneficial.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Premiums for employees are covered at 100% and premiums for dependents are covered at 70% by the company.
- 401k match and Money Purchase Plan (fully company-funded), Life Insurance and Disability Insurance and up to 6 weeks of Paid Parental Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement, Pre-tax Commuter Benefits, and current Hybrid Work arrangements.
- Paid Holidays in addition to vacation days, floating days, and paid sick time.
- Our client provides opportunities for resourceful, independent, and self-motivated individuals to generate ideas and excel in a highly collaborative, multicultural team.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Manage and produce reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis for existing portfolio of investments to monitor portfolio performance.
- Prepare real assets and macroeconomic research to present to senior management.
- Assist in the diligence of investments in real asset focused commingled funds alongside other team members.
- Participate in meetings and/or site visits to meet with members across each manager’s platform and tour representative assets for the proposed strategy, as required.
- Facilitate operations team in managing investment related activities.
- Engage in implementation of ESG initiatives and measurement across portfolio.
- Frequent contact with offices in London and Tokyo.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Strong academic background including Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, real estate, or other related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in real assets at an institutional investor (including insurance company, pension fund, endowment, foundation, SWF or family office), investment consultant or investment manager.
- Understanding of financial metrics and concepts.
- Experience and professional manner in interacting directly in-person with senior members of the investment community.
- Strong command of MS Office software, advanced Excel and financial modeling applications; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
- Experience with database software, such as Power BI, is beneficial.
- Excellent organizational, business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, pro-active and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team.
- A flexible team player able to adapt to change.