Our client is a manufacturer in Temple, TX looking for an on-site Controller who will be a key part of the leadership team. In this position, you will be providing a financial balance to the strategic and operational goals of the business and act critically in the development of strategy, planning, and execution required to achieve shared goals. You will also be responsible for the overall management, direction, and integrity of the accounting and financial reporting function for the business units, including robust balance sheet controls and a thorough understanding of the income statement. The BU Controller leads initiatives to drive and measure process improvements for the business units (DMI, Productivity, margin expansion) and within the department (accurate and timely financial statements).
What's in it for YOU?
- Stability and growth in the same company is possible! The key to their success is hiring the right people to join our team, combining that with a commitment to long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
- Our client offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO, and a 401k plan with company match.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Partners with the General Manager to ensure a clear understanding of performance versus targets and prior year, identifying areas for improvement and assisting in prioritization.
- Provides leadership and coordinates alignment across the business toward financial goals.
- Prepares and reviews monthly financial statements, applies accounting theory and company policy as appropriate and ensures the timely and accurate completion of all deliverables.
- Implements company policies for accounting, setting standards for balance sheet discipline and controllership duties.
- Responsible for asset preservation and working capital management, including thoroughly developing and implementing controls for inventory accuracy and valuation.
- Develops a robust internal control framework and insures compliance throughout the organization.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Degree in Accounting and/or CPA required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting and leadership experience.
- Experience in a vertical manufacturing environment is required
- Experience with cost accounting is required
- Experience in reviewing, analyzing, and implementing accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to research and apply accounting pronouncements as appropriate.
- Oracle experience is strongly preferred, large-scale ERP experience is required.
- Multi-site experience preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to work effectively in a team environment within and outside of the Accounting Department.
- Success in this position requires the ability to build a strong partnership within and outside of the finance department including frequent communication with peers and management. These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Clear, precise communication skills and strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Operations and Commercial literacy.
- Ability to develop staff and team.
- Strong Controllership focus.
- An attitude of accountability.
This Controller position requires you to be in the office in Temple, TX. A relocation package is available.