Our client designs, manufactures, and markets innovative, high-performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point of load. They focus on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high-performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation, and aerospace and defense electronics.
As the company continues to expand its efforts, they are seeking a dedicated Design Engineer – VPS to join the design engineering organization and support design and development activities on AC-DC and DC-DC power supply products using VI Chip technology.
What’s in it for you at this cool company?
- Get in a position where you are valued as a name and not a number as well as have the opportunity to use your existing skills and expand on that!
- Work with a dedicated team that is very much involved in everything with the day-to-day, a very hands-on role.
- It is an exciting time to help develop proprietary technology in a great learning environment that offers growth opportunities from within!
- Comprehensive benefits plan with matching 401K, stock options, a bonus structure and 4 weeks PTO.
- Stability with a company where its employees have long tenure and want to see others succeed!
What YOU get to DO at this growing company:
- Build circuits on breadboards to test new electrical circuitries.
- Perform electrical evaluation of products.
- Collect and prepare data from a wide variety of experiments, electrical testing, and analytical evaluations.
- Perform failure analysis using a variety of analytical techniques.
- Process prototype kits for verification testing and design approval for the qualification of products.
- Must demonstrate ability to evaluate electrical components and circuitry for use in complex power components.
- Work closely with internal organizations to ensure smooth introduction and manufacture of highly reliable products.
- Create documentation of the product, which includes bill of materials, test specifications, and experimental data.
- Write reports, standard operating procedures for test methods, and analytical procedures.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering.
- Power systems/electronics knowledge is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand technical materials and concepts.
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience and working knowledge of firmware is a plus.
- Experience in PSpice simulation tools is a plus.
- Experience in MathCAD is a plus.