Our client, who launched in 2016, manages tens of thousands of vehicles at dealerships in North America across every major manufacturer brand. By combining a mobile-first approach with fresh design thinking, their industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility services for the top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Recently they were recognized by Built In as one of the 100 Best Hybrid Places to Work.
Currently, they are seeking a highly skilled and experienced DevOps Engineer to join their dedicated team. The best fit for this role will possess the ability to explain complex problems to different audiences, as well as the ability to show that your work extends to many parts of a product or system. In this role, you will need to deliver projects independently or by pairing with others and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. If you are humble, and have an aptitude for learning and sharing knowledge, this may be the job for you.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Develop and improve components that enable software engineers to deliver value to customers.
- Champion the adoption of DevOps best practices across the engineering organization.
- Create and maintain scalable infrastructure leveraging modern AWS products .
- Identify and implement simple and elegant infrastructure solutions.
- Build shared services with Terraform.
- Interact with data stores like Aurora, RDS, ElastiCache, Redis, and others.
- Orchestrate container deployments with Kubernetes and ECS.
- Develop pipelines in our CI/CD systems on CircleCI.
- Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and tools.
- Support and troubleshoot issues across the environment.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- 4+ years of experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD), automating with Python or Bash, and working with Git as a version control system.
- Understanding of Containers and Container orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- History of working with monitoring and logging solutions as well as with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform.
- Knowledge of Helm or other dynamic templating languages.
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in the AWS ecosystem including Management – CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager, IaaS – EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier, EKS and Data Management – Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with creating application with languages such as Go, Ruby, Node, or JS.
- Advanced Kubernetes networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools (ideally CircleCI or Github Actions).
- Understanding of Application Performance Monitoring (Datadog).
- Experience AWS Devops Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect, or AWS Developer Certification.
- Experience with SAML/OAuth and services like Auth0 and Okta.
- Ability to mentor junior developers in DevOps practices.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- History of writing technical documentation as well as creating and updating architecture design diagrams.
What's in it for YOU?
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k plan.
- Opportunity to gain experience with a business that is headed in an upwards projection and constantly expanding in its space!
- A company whose goal is for its employees, partners, and customers to feel they can show up fully and authentically in the shared communities, in and out of the workplace.
- Tuition reimbursement, company-paid conference attendance and certifications.
- Access to a wide array of free educational courses via an on-demand learning platform to foster a culture of growth and development.
- A remote-first work policy, with unlimited PTO and a flexible work schedule so you can get your best work done, your way. For those who enjoy working in office, there is a freshly remodeled headquarters that offers a warm and inviting collaborative team environment in the heart of downtown Austin (with free parking!)